Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow 2 disc 2010 dvd - audio censored? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/5250-arrow-2-disc-2010-dvd-audio-censored.html)

Killer Meteor 9th April 2011 10:55 PM

Arrow 2 disc 2010 dvd - audio censored?

I picked this up, and on the 5.1 and 2.0 tracks, the audio has the same alternate dialogue - such as the Carribean guy saying "right" instead of "shit". No mono track either :(

Daemonia 10th April 2011 01:11 AM

What film are you talking about? You've lost me....

EDIT: The penny has dropped, I think. You're talking about Day of the Dead, yeah? If so, I was under the impression the film contained the original uncensored audio, unlike the recent Anchor Bay US releases.

Splatterdragon73 10th April 2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 141848)
You're talking about Day of the Dead, yeah? If so, I was under the impression the film contained the original uncensored audio, unlike the recent Anchor Bay US releases.

I second that, Daemonia.

If i'm not wrong then Arrow's first double-disc Day release suffered from the altered audio just like the current ABUS DVD and BR editions as you say.

However, last year's U.K. SD and HD versions of Romero's fan fave flesh ripper does indeed reputedly have the film's original untampered dialogue.:)

bdc 10th April 2011 09:37 AM

The last Arrow dvd edition was 4 disc though right?

[edit] I was thinking about Dawn here...:doh:

Splatterdragon73 10th April 2011 10:05 AM

Are you not confusing this release with Arrow's Dawn DVD set? I'm sure the company's recent Day SD edition contains only two DVDs.:)

bdc 10th April 2011 10:35 AM

Right,got them mixed up! :doh:

Killer Meteor 10th April 2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 141858)
I second that, Daemonia.

If i'm not wrong then Arrow's first double-disc Day release suffered from the altered audio just like the current ABUS DVD and BR editions as you say.

However, last year's U.K. SD and HD versions of Romero's fan fave flesh ripper does indeed reputedly have the film's original untampered dialogue.:)

Yes, that's the impression I was under. What I got is the 2010 dvd, with all the extras and posters and booklets. Maybe I got an early duff copy, perhaps a review copy? (It was a present , you see)

Killer Meteor 6th August 2011 02:30 PM

I still don't get it. Does anyone have the new Arrow DVD to see if the audio is OK on it?

Also, the disc I bought broke into pixels during the bit when Rhodes is shot.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th August 2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Meteor (Post 172062)
I still don't get it. Does anyone have the new Arrow DVD to see if the audio is OK on it?

Also, the disc I bought broke into pixels during the bit when Rhodes is shot.

That isn't the case with either my DVD or BD and, as has been said, the dialogue is intact without any censoring/word replacement.

Killer Meteor 10th August 2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 172990)
That isn't the case with either my DVD or BD and, as has been said, the dialogue is intact without any censoring/word replacement.

I'll try and get a new one then! Thanks!