Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th June 2011, 04:35 PM
Cult Rookie

Our HMV is one small floor. I love when I can go to Newcastle which has a HMV with a floor for games, a floor for music and a floor for DVD's including genre sections like horror.

We just have basic stuff down in Carlisle.
Old 14th June 2011, 05:42 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyt View Post
Our HMV is one small floor. I love when I can go to Newcastle which has a HMV with a floor for games, a floor for music and a floor for DVD's including genre sections like horror
Yeah, the horror section in the Newcastle store is pretty good, if expensive. They often have the Shameless releases displayed on a shelf on the wall above the Horror dvds which is pretty cool and they usually retail for £5-£7 a lot of the time which isn't too bad for a high street store.
Old 24th February 2012, 01:26 PM
Cult Rookie

Send a message via Skype™ to Lou Longshanks

A typically late response to this topic, but I figured I'd say my bit on this matter.

Firstly, you can get Bird with the Crystal Plumage on DVD, albeit under different labels. I checked Amazon and the price is typically around £3 to £6 for a new copy of the Dario Argento collection edition through many of the sellers listed. There is a more sparkly Arrowdrome version recently made available for around £8, probably being cheaper elsewhere with a little hunting. The Arrowdrome release is likely the best version of the film available outside of the Blu-Ray edition, so isn't like DVD purists are getting ill-treatment with what they have.

Which leads me to my next point, Arrow Film cater to enthusiast audiences, first and foremost. These are cult films for collectors and the collectors adhere to whatever provides them the best quality sound and picture. Twenty years ago it would of been laser disc, ten years ago it would of been DVD and now, today, it's Blu-Ray. It wouldn't surprise me for this reason that sales of Blu-ray copies sell more than DVD ones given that Blu-Ray has much more flexible region locking than DVD too. Alot of Americans import Arrow's releases in the same way some of us might import Blue Underground's titles.

But to conclude, it probably wouldn't of hurt Arrow either to release Bird with the Crystal Plumage as a DVD/Blu-Ray combo package. Combo packages have become pretty standardised in the market now, especially for us collectors. It's alot more practical this way, I find, especially when dealing with SD extras that have been converted over from previous releases and such, Maybe another missed opportunity on Arrow's part should I digress. Ultimately, I'm happy with what has been released.
Old 24th February 2012, 04:03 PM
Ex-member

[QUOTE=Lou Longshanks;219468]
But to conclude, it probably wouldn't of hurt Arrow either to release Bird with the Crystal Plumage as a DVD/Blu-Ray combo package.

Yes, but in the correct ratio and no black and white shots through the camera lens

the only reason I haven't and would never buy this classic Argento giallo by Arrow is because of this 2.01 etc

Like this? Share it using the links below!