Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th April 2012, 06:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

This whole thing really is a shame. I would have thought with the advent of illegal downloads etc companies would be trying to increase the sales of Blu-rays by making them more accessable to everyone, thus counteracting illegal sales.

I've no interest in downloads or buying copies off some bloke in the pub - I'd rather have the best legal copies available. And to do that I want to play them on the best Blu-ray player I can afford. I may be wrong, but I imagine a lot of these multi region Blu-ray players aren't exactly built to last, so I don't want to invest in one that ends up being a bad buy. And to 'upgrade' my Sony player will cost about £200, so that can piss off.

Why don't these companies see past short term profits for long term gains? Or is it just me?
Old 12th April 2012, 06:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
This whole thing really is a shame. I would have thought with the advent of illegal downloads etc companies would be trying to increase the sales of Blu-rays by making them more accessable to everyone, thus counteracting illegal sales.

I've no interest in downloads or buying copies off some bloke in the pub - I'd rather have the best legal copies available. And to do that I want to play them on the best Blu-ray player I can afford. I may be wrong, but I imagine a lot of these multi region Blu-ray players aren't exactly built to last, so I don't want to invest in one that ends up being a bad buy. And to 'upgrade' my Sony player will cost about £200, so that can piss off.

Why don't these companies see past short term profits for long term gains? Or is it just me?
Completely agree. It's this locked region, backwards thinking that got DVD piracy going in the first place.
Personally I want my DVDs nice and legal from companies like Arrow. Locking into a region just keeps some people from buying and others sends them to some site to download the thing.
You'd think with wanting to truly get blu-ray over as the next format the first thing to do would be to get rid of the region lock.
Old 21st June 2012, 01:04 PM
Active Cultist

Hey everyone,

Haven't been on here for a few years now, but still been collecting my Cult Labs and Arrow releases (got a new job that doesn't let me browse forums during the day now!).

Have to say I do absolutely love the attention to detail that's gone into the Arrow Blu-ray packages. Really nice additions into my collection.

However, it's just a shame so many of them have been marred by technical issues and really the most important part of a high definition release the visual and audio quality.

Really hope that Arrow keeps them coming out, but that they can get to the bottom of what is causing so many poor transfers to come through, and then we can be really proud of these releases as being the definitive versions.

You can do it Arrow!

Eiren
x
Steel76 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!