Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th April 2011, 02:14 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Is there some significance in the time 3:33am? I'm confused!
Its supposed to be the "witching hour" and full of bad luck and all that. 333 is supposed to be evil for some reason aswell. The usual gobble-de-guck

I am really impressed with the huge set of extra features this movie is getting. I was not expecting that at all.

Calum: thanks for that little insight into High Rising Productions. Its nice to know that two people are so closely attached to these projects and so focused on pleasing the fans of these cult releases! I hope the efforts of yourself and Naomi are appreciated on a regular basis!

Edit: Personally, a blu-ray is always much more enticing to me, but I understand where SD TV owners are coming from... but one day you will join the gang, its inevitable!
Old 30th April 2011, 06:49 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
No I never. Tobe was our priority and we got him.

Like I said, there's only so much you can do - and we've provided three commentaries, tons of images and almost two hours of interviews for this. Considering the time we had to get all this sorted and edited I don't think there's much more we could have done.

I think I need to also explain something - High Rising is basically me and Naomi. We're a two people operation working on a tiny, tiny budget and when we go to the states it is a big investment and so we have to get a lot done. During our trip out there for The Funhouse we also achieved extras on Vamp and numerous other upcoming titles. Setting up interviews, and finding people, is down to me and, when possible, one of my good friends out in LA, Joe Venegas, who assists us (he recorded the Reardon and Power audio tracks for instance - and he did without taking a penny).

I get emails occasionally from people asking about work experience with us and often they are amazed when I point out Naomi lights, films, shoots and edits and I do the organising.

Taking this into account I think we don't do that bad... including on The Funhouse. Check out your average special feature on any other DVD and see how much crew is listed in the end credits.
We really do appreciate the effort both you and Naomi put into the extras you produce, not only for Arrow, but for the others too (the Starcrash extras for Shout factory come to mind). I know this isn't your only job, and running around the world securing interviews etc is probably quite stressful at times. Your dedication shows onscreen and we do appreciate it all as I said
Old 30th April 2011, 06:56 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobz View Post

Edit: Personally, a blu-ray is always much more enticing to me, but I understand where SD TV owners are coming from... but one day you will join the gang, its inevitable!
not sure bobz im starting to buy VHS again , think im going backwards

@calum i personally have never watched an extra in al my life as far as i can remember but i know they mean a lot to some people and you do a great job of getting it all together , sounds like a fun job though!
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:07 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

As there are different places to talk about different aspects of The Funhouse Blu-ray release in this section, it will probably work better if you stick to the designated friends as the description can be more concentrated and flow better than it here.

Like this? Share it using the links below!