Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree17Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th April 2011, 11:20 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
Damn, got myself hyped and then noticed this is only a DVD release. No chance at all of a Blu release?
Argh!! Yes can we have this on Blu? This will easily be the definitive version of the film on home video.
Old 28th April 2011, 11:27 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
Damn, got myself hyped and then noticed this is only a DVD release. No chance at all of a Blu release?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Me! Which is why I did so bloody much work on it and I was thrilled to bits when Allan helped secure Caroline Munro! It's an old childhood favourite.

I think this is Caroline's first commentary and I loved getting the chance to know her. Naomi and I got to see her in Sitges last year again!
Her first was for the North American release of Captain Kronos from Paramount.
Old 28th April 2011, 11:42 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

[QUOTEAs for the Bryce thing, I don't agree with what happened but I have no problems listening to the man talk, it certainly didn't interupt my viewing experience of the Video Nasties doc.

QUOTE]

My thoughts as well
Old 29th April 2011, 01:33 AM
Active Cultist

I seriously love this movie, but I already have it uncut on dvd so...
will prolly only buy if it gets a blu-ray release.
Old 29th April 2011, 06:40 PM
Cult Rookie

Count me in if this is released on Blu ray. I'd be really hyped right now for it if I thought there might be a BD. But I fear that it not being announced initially means there's no chance. Will just have to console my self with the knowledge that Funhouse is coming to BD thanks to you good people. Keep these Slashers coming its a minor obsession of mine to collect as many as humanly possible on Blu-ray.
Old 29th April 2011, 06:44 PM
Cult Rookie

hey a Caroline Munro commentary?!
count me in for it all the way , even if it is on "only" dvd, would buy again on bluray

two VHS, two dvd's and now this one

Old 29th April 2011, 07:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amertume View Post
I seriously love this movie, but I already have it uncut on dvd so...
will prolly only buy if it gets a blu-ray release.
From what I understand you'll never see this on Blu because the elements are simply not there. It's not a decision made by anyone but the people who didn't look after these films and I agree, it's a bummer. However, I reckon if you want a SE of Slaughter High this is your sole chance of seeing one.

Last edited by Calum; 29th April 2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 29th April 2011, 08:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

This will easily be passed uncut by the BBFC, inlight of what has already gone thru uncut.
Old 29th April 2011, 08:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

I've been meaning to pick up the US edition of this for some time now, but now I won't have too ! It is indeed a shame that we won't see this on Blu-ray (yet?), but I'll be happy with the DVD for now, especially as it is looking to be streets ahead of at least the US version . I also think this is perhaps the best artwork we have seen so far for an arrow release .

Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for the alternate panel/panels ...
Old 30th April 2011, 01:05 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
From what I understand you'll never see this on Blu because the elements are simply not there. It's not a decision made by anyone but the people who didn't look after these films and I agree, it's a bummer. However, I reckon if you want a SE of Slaughter High this is your sole chance of seeing one.
That's a shame about a BD, especially since there appear to be a few good 16X9 transfers out there in other regions. I'm specifically talking about the French and German versions which still carry the "April Fools Day" title. I guess Arrow didn't have access to whatever elements these were transferred from. I'll have to think on this one. Outside of classic Doctor Who, I'm severly limiting my SD purchases.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!