Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th May 2011, 05:34 PM
Active Cultist

... Then consider it pre-ordered.
Old 2nd June 2011, 02:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Don't forget that this is showing in Glasgow this Sunday with an in-person appearance and Q and A from Carolnie Munro herself!

The Funhouse / Slaughter High

I'll also be doing a BIG DVD giveaway to attendees so come along and you may just win a freebie or two!
Old 16th July 2011, 12:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I quite like that the back of the poster is a collection of all of the Arrow Video covers. Not that I use the posters anyway, but it's pretty nice. Perhaps they've done this before, and I've just never noticed.
Old 16th July 2011, 05:58 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
I quite like that the back of the poster is a collection of all of the Arrow Video covers. Not that I use the posters anyway, but it's pretty nice. Perhaps they've done this before, and I've just never noticed.
It's a bit disappointing that it's advertised as a 2-sided poster though if that's the case. To me, a 2-sided poster implies a poster image on each side. By that token every poster every is 2-sided
Old 16th July 2011, 06:51 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
It's a bit disappointing that it's advertised as a 2-sided poster though if that's the case. To me, a 2-sided poster implies a poster image on each side. By that token every poster every is 2-sided
Most of the posters have the Arrow Video collection on one side, but some of them such as The Funhouse, Obsession, Tenebrae and Phenomena have alternate artwork on the other side.
Old 16th July 2011, 10:25 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Same here. I personally would have loved an original artwork poster for Kentucky Fried Movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Most of the posters have the Arrow Video collection on one side, but some of them such as The Funhouse, Obsession, Tenebrae and Phenomena have alternate artwork on the other side.
Nos, you have the possibility to contact those in charge @ Arrow's, I guess? Tell them we really love their releases, but REAL two-sided posters for every future Arrow release would be the icing on the cake.

Greetings!
Old 17th July 2011, 12:38 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:

Yeah, my issue is just that every poster is advertised as 2-sided, regardless of whether it has alternate artwork or an Arrow ad on the reverse. Just comes across as a bit misleading that's all. No big deal obv! Also getting way off-topic here! Back to DVD specs...
Old 17th July 2011, 06:57 AM
Active Cultist

I definitely agree about the two-sided thingie. Seems like only the most expensive dvd-releases with four panels have true two-sided posters?

Which artwork did they choose for the poster in the case of Slaughter High??

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
Old 17th July 2011, 09:39 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amertume View Post
Which artwork did they choose for the poster in the case of Slaughter High??
It's the same artwork by Graham Humphreys as on the front cover, which looks really good on a piece of paper that size.
Old 17th July 2011, 02:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Most? I take it this is limited to DVD releases then, as every Arrow Blu-ray I have has a double-sided poster relating to the movie (there are only 2 I don't own)?

This is actually my first Arrow Video DVD I own, and I felt it was a nice change to see all the original artwork collected together. I at least appreciate it, if no one else does. I'm sure this is possibly related to the quality of the image artwork they have for the cover, and if it will scale to poster size for print?

Like this? Share it using the links below!