LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd July 2011, 04:22 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey horror View Post
Yes, I see your point, but to the average person in the US who wants the movie and is not educated in all the technical HD digital knowledge as to exactly what blu-ray players can play what would be lead to believe that the movie AND all extras will play fine on a US blu-ray player when in fact they will not. I think Arrow should at least let their customers in the US know that instead of hiding behind the "'well TECHNICALLY" it is region ABC excuse. I live in the US, my blu-ray player is region A, my blu-ray player cannot play the extras, therefore the extras are NOT region ABC. It's that simple.
Arrow aren't making excuses. It was my own observation. Regions and 1080P/I are completely different things. The extras aren't region B locked, therefore they're Region ABC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22nd July 2011, 05:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspirium View Post
Unfortunately, the features are not in 1080P. /
The features are in 1080p it is just that in this case they've been encoded in the UK/ Euro norm of 25p instead of 24p. Blu Ray and worldwide technology - one day it will be easy!!

Is it not just Sony and PS3 that are refusing to play these? Either way, I hope people are satisfied with the release, I thought it looked lovely on HD.
Old 22nd July 2011, 06:42 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
The features are in 1080p

I thought they were in 1080i/50hz. Either way, Arrow has proven in the past that they can make US-friendly discs (Inferno, Deep Red, Battle Royale LE, and Phenomena) so why not continue the trend?
Old 22nd July 2011, 06:47 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspirium View Post
I thought they were in 1080i/50hz. Either way, Arrow has proven in the past that they can make US-friendly discs (Inferno, Deep Red, Battle Royale LE, and Phenomena) so why not continue the trend?
I thought they were too. But as you say, it would be better if the extras on all the releases were the same.

Old 22nd July 2011, 11:28 PM
Cult Rookie

Best thing to do is just buy a 2nd Blu-Ray player like I had to just so I could watch all the Region A locked Movies the US keeps churning out

Carrie
Escape From New York
The Amityville Horror
Assault On Precinct 13
Vanishing Point

etc.....

At least Arrow did the right thing by making the actual Movie region friendly, Have a word with MGM, Anchor Bay, Dark Sky etc...they should take a page out of Arrows book.
Old 2nd August 2011, 01:11 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I find that pretty strange, especially with the generous special features on the BD, and the dvd being basically barebones. I would think most fans who are still dvd only, would buy a special edition dvd.

i know im abit late with this but i would love to see this on a special edition dvd aswell,
it would be great if you released all of your titles on both, i would buy them
Old 2nd August 2011, 05:57 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Perhaps Arrow will have a rethink.
enterthehero likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:07 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
Perhaps Arrow will have a rethink.
i hope so
Old 3rd August 2011, 09:39 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Adding little to do with the financial viability of releasing a film on a certain format and, if the DVD market isn't large enough to warrant the expense of a DVD run, Arrow Video won't go into the red to do one. I'd rather they stay in the black and so can release more titles but, if they think enough people will buy a DVD release, there is always that possibility.
Old 4th August 2011, 01:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickieduvet View Post
Best thing to do is just buy a 2nd Blu-Ray player like I had to just so I could watch all the Region A locked Movies the US keeps churning out.
I'll be going down the same route sooner or later if i can't obtain a multi-region model.

My requisite two copies of TF arrived earlier this week and i think it's safe to say Arrow have come up trumps once again. Surely the greatest release yet of Tobe Hooper's fun fairground frightener and i personally can't see another edition outdoing this one.

Like this? Share it using the links below!