Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th July 2011, 11:06 AM
Cult Rookie

Excellent, Thanks for the reply.
Old 11th July 2011, 03:52 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

This is one of my favorites so I'm really looking forward to this release.
Old 18th July 2011, 09:40 AM
Cult Rookie

Postie just delivered it, Be spinning this bad boy later
Old 18th July 2011, 01:04 PM
Cultist

I paid about £17 in all with first class postage so I could get it today, and the bloody Royal Mail didn't deliver it. Typical.
Old 21st July 2011, 05:38 PM
Cult Rookie

Ok, this is getting frustrating. Why does Arrow go out of their way to make these releases region free and then encode the special features so they wont play on US players. Dawn of the Dead, City of the Living Dead and now The Funhouse! Special features will not play. The extras on The Beyond and Day of the Dead work on US blu-ray players just fine, but not the previous mentioned three. Why the inconsistancy?!
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 21st July 2011, 06:27 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey horror View Post
Ok, this is getting frustrating. Why does Arrow go out of their way to make these releases region free and then encode the special features so they wont play on US players. Dawn of the Dead, City of the Living Dead and now The Funhouse! Special features will not play. The extras on The Beyond and Day of the Dead work on US blu-ray players just fine, but not the previous mentioned three. Why the inconsistancy?!
I do find it strange that some releases have extras in 1080P and others are only in 1080i/50Hz. If I only had a US player, it would annoy the hell out of me as well.
Old 21st July 2011, 11:31 PM
Cult Rookie

Arrow's website lists The Funhouse blu-ray as being region ABC which leads the average consumer to believe that this will play in all regions which is VERY misleading as it is not completely region free. Sure, the movie is region free, but the special features are not and I think that should be made more clear to consumers on Arrow's website. You just can't go advertising your products as Region ABC when in reality, they're not.
Old 22nd July 2011, 06:39 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

In all fairness, the extras ARE region A/B/C, and in the case of The Funhouse, it doesn't say that the extras are 1080P.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22nd July 2011, 03:54 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
In all fairness, the extras ARE region A/B/C, and in the case of The Funhouse, it doesn't say that the extras are 1080P.
Yes, I see your point, but to the average person in the US who wants the movie and is not educated in all the technical HD digital knowledge as to exactly what blu-ray players can play what would be lead to believe that the movie AND all extras will play fine on a US blu-ray player when in fact they will not. I think Arrow should at least let their customers in the US know that instead of hiding behind the "'well TECHNICALLY" it is region ABC excuse. I live in the US, my blu-ray player is region A, my blu-ray player cannot play the extras, therefore the extras are NOT region ABC. It's that simple.
Old 22nd July 2011, 04:02 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
suspirium:
Will the special features be in 1080P as well?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs:
I imagine so as High Rising Productions film all their material in HD, but I'll leave it to: to confirm that.
Unfortunately, the features are not in 1080P. Is there some kind of error on how these are being encoded. It would be nice if you all continued to encode the features in 1080P like you've done for Inferno, Deep Red, Battle Royale LE, and Phenomena so people with US players can enjoy your blu-rays too. Or is the mentality that people in the US just need to buy new players even when something is advertised as being in 1080P when it's not ( *cough* ... Tenebre release) :/

Like this? Share it using the links below!