Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th March 2011, 01:10 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default Arrow Video: June 2011 New Releases

The first release of the month is one of the four Fantastic Factory releases: Arachnid – a monster movie that is probably not for arachnophobes!

Hitting the shelves on June 13 is the Russ Meyer-inspired sex romp Pervert!, in which a group of women, none of whom are averse to disrobing or using their wiles to get what they want, end up on a dirt farm where a disabled old man and his dimwitted but muscular son live alone. When the women discover that there is gold somewhere on the premises, they decide to stay, which brings plenty of over the top violence, sex, nudity and bawdy humour.

June 13 will be an extremely busy (and expensive) day as it also sees the Blu-ray release of Argento's genre-defining classic, The Bird with the Crystal Plumage, is released in glorious high definition for the very first time in the UK.

Next up is Savage Streets in which a rebellious teenager, played by none other than Linda Blair, sets her sights on a group of four men who have gang raped her deaf-mute younger sister. Unlike anything that Blair had done before, this hasn't been released on DVD in the UK before and has a plethora of extra features including three commentary tracks.

Released on June 27 is one of the most anticipated releases this year will round off the month when Dario Argento's superb giallo, Tenebrae, is released on BD and DVD.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 1st June 2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 20th April 2011, 06:35 PM
Cult Rookie

Savage Streets!!!!!! thank you Arrow! you beauties
Old 27th April 2011, 02:12 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I just found out on Amazon.co.uk (Cat O Nine Tails [Blu-ray] [1982]: Amazon.co.uk: DVD) that the release of Argento's "Cat O' Nine Tails" on Blu-ray is scheduled for June, 20th. Anything you can tell us about that, Nos?

Greetings!
Old 27th April 2011, 02:21 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
I just found out on Amazon.co.uk (Cat O Nine Tails [Blu-ray] [1982]: Amazon.co.uk: DVD) that the release of Argento's "Cat O' Nine Tails" on Blu-ray is scheduled for June, 20th. Anything you can tell us about that, Nos?

Greetings!
I don't know where they have that release date from as all the releases for June have been announced; July's releases will be announced tomorrow.
Old 20th May 2011, 09:58 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

In case you haven't seen the announcement elsewhere, there has been an issue with the sleeves for The Bird with the Crystal Plumage so the release has had to be put back a fortnight to June 13.
Old 20th May 2011, 11:57 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
In case you haven't seen the announcement elsewhere, there has been an issue with the sleeves for The Bird with the Crystal Plumage so the release has had to be put back a fortnight to June 13.
Oh dear, June 13 will be a date worth looking forward to. The Bird with the Crystal Plumage, Tenebrae and Pervert - in my case, a definitive pre-order!

Greetings!
Old 20th May 2011, 12:03 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Oh dear, June 13 will be a date worth looking forward to. The Bird with the Crystal Plumage, Tenebrae and Pervert - in my case, a definitive pre-order!

Greetings!
I noticed that as soon as I amended the release date and figured there would be three discs coming through my letterbox on the same day! At least Pervert! would be a bit of light relief after Tenebrae and The Bird with the Crystal Plumage!
Old 31st May 2011, 03:32 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Greetings!
June 13 isn't quite so busy (or expensive) now as Tenebrae has had to be delayed a fortnight and will now be released on June 27.
Old 31st May 2011, 04:31 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I noticed that as soon as I amended the release date and figured there would be three discs coming through my letterbox on the same day! At least Pervert! would be a bit of light relief after Tenebrae and The Bird with the Crystal Plumage!
Is that what you call it Nos?
Old 31st May 2011, 06:39 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Is that what you call it Nos?
Unsurprisingly, there's many more laughs in Pervert! than the other two combined and it's fairly undemanding, so yes. The additional girl on girl action won't exactly hinder matters!

Like this? Share it using the links below!