Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:33 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default The Kentucky Fried Movie – How You Discovered It

I was introduced to this when I was shown a couple of sketches on YouTube and then watched the DVD. How about you; did you first see it in a cinema, on VHS, on DVD or will this release be your first experience of The Kentucky Fried Movie?
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

twas an old vhs for me, still very funny, especially "a fistful of yen"....watch it maybe once a year...."christ! did a cow shit in here?!" too many quotes...have you seen the "sequel" AMAZON WOMEN ON THE MOON then?
Old 3rd May 2011, 03:07 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
have you seen the "sequel" AMAZON WOMEN ON THE MOON then?
No, but I'll make an effort to check it out. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 3rd May 2011, 03:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
No, but I'll make an effort to check it out. Thanks for the heads up.
ok, just a word of warning then...as a whole its not as consistent as KFM, but still has some choice bits....
Old 3rd May 2011, 03:18 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
ok, just a word of warning then...as a whole its not as consistent as KFM, but still has some choice bits....
One word I'd never associated The Kentucky Fried Movie with was 'consistent'! It's a little like Monty Python's And Now for Something Completely Different in that respect.
Old 3rd May 2011, 03:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Bought the DVD from CEX for £1 a few years ago - didn't know much about it except it was was directed by John Landis and written by the folks who wrote AIRPLANE, NAKED GUN etc.
Old 17th August 2011, 11:32 PM
Cultist in Training

when I went looking for the source for catholic high school girls in trouble

pity they don't make trailers like that anymore.
dvd is now in my archive .
Old 18th August 2011, 11:53 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
IHow about you; did you first see it in a cinema, on VHS, on DVD or will this release be your first experience of The Kentucky Fried Movie?
Now that triggers a good memory: We had a very cool Geography teacher, I think in the equivalent to 12th grade (so wer were 18 I think) and he was as bothered by the double-term we had on a Saturday and so he made it the rule that we watched a movie each Saturday, only rule was that one of us fetched a film we considered suitable, I received a very bad look from him when I turned up with City of the Living Dead, where the girls just wanted to run out And the other film that got a slight problem was Kentucky Fried Movie, I think even in the week after the zombie dilemma, When the Catholic Highschool bit was on, he covered his eyes and just mumble "I really hate you!" - those were the days - funny to see both films on the release list of one of my favourite labels!
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 18th August 2011, 12:11 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Strange you should have school on a Saturday, but that's a fine way to spend the time, especially if you could bring in your own films and watch movies by Lucio Fulci and John Landis.

They sound like happy days and I'm sure the teacher regretted letting you bring in videos for the class to watch if it wasn't universally popular, as City of the Living Dead and The Kentucky Fried Movie aren't!
Old 18th August 2011, 02:33 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Strange you should have school on a Saturday, but that's a fine way to spend the time, especially if you could bring in your own films and watch movies by Lucio Fulci and John Landis.

They sound like happy days and I'm sure the teacher regretted letting you bring in videos for the class to watch if it wasn't universally popular, as City of the Living Dead and The Kentucky Fried Movie aren't!
Well, they stopped that Saturday school thing shortly after, I do not think it was related to these incidents though

Since no trouble came from this I think the teacher forgot all about it quickly...

Why is it that you hate school so much and once you are out you become more and more nostalgic about it? Don't ask me...

Like this? Share it using the links below!