Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   The Kentucky Fried Movie – How You Discovered It (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/5544-kentucky-fried-movie-%E2%80%93-how-you-discovered.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th August 2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roughale (Post 174977)
Why is it that you hate school so much and once you are out you become more and more nostalgic about it? Don't ask me...

I have no idea. People tend to say they're the best years of your lives but, with homework, annoying teachers, peer pressure etc, you think they're mad but, when you look on those years with hindsight, you realise they're right and it's all downhill from there!

However, being older and with more disposable income enables you to buy things you couldn't when you are at school and can legally buy all the adult rated DVDs you want, including The Kentucky Fried Movie.

Phew, now we're back on topic, feel free to continue!

thelostclassics 8th September 2011 01:59 PM

Caught it on DVD from Vibes and Scribes in Cork when I was living there. Was really into Animal House, The Blues Brothers, An American Werewolf in London, yeesh pretty much anything by Landis at the time. Even Susan's Plan and when I saw that it was by ZAZ too, couldn't believe my luck. Watched it with a group of us and don't think a week goes by without me quoting the 'A Fistful of Yen' sketch.
Even with the dentist - I'd rather be tough and ruthless than rough and toothless

Demoncrat 22nd September 2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 147773)
One word I'd never associated The Kentucky Fried Movie with was 'consistent'! It's a little like Monty Python's And Now for Something Completely Different in that respect.

did you get hold of AWOTM then?? just checking etc....

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd September 2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehamish (Post 183262)
did you get hold of AWOTM then?? just checking etc....

I rented Amazon Women on the Moon and have put it in my wish list, but haven't bought a copy just yet.

MTRodaba2468 15th November 2011 03:34 AM

I bought the DVD on a whim, being a fan of both John Landis and Airplane!. Didn't disappoint.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th November 2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468 (Post 197739)
I bought the DVD on a whim, being a fan of both John Landis and Airplane!. Didn't disappoint.

The fact you're from Kentucky had absolutely no bearing on it then?!

bigandya 15th November 2011 09:26 PM

I saw this at the cinema. It was on a double bill - can't for the life of me remember what with though...

James Morton 16th November 2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 174981)
I have no idea. People tend to say they're the best years of your lives but, with homework, annoying teachers, peer pressure etc, you think they're mad but, when you look on those years with hindsight, you realise they're right and it's all downhill from there!

However, being older and with more disposable income enables you to buy things you couldn't when you are at school and can legally buy all the adult rated DVDs you want, including The Kentucky Fried Movie.

Phew, now we're back on topic, feel free to continue!

I remember the crap saying 'Schooldays are the best years of your life'
SHIT! I didn't have a bad time at all at school, honestly, but the saying is really an old one dedicated to the public shools, Eton, Harrow etc
anyway , you learn more when you leave

troggi 22nd February 2013 03:11 PM

I saw it at the Gaumont Cinema in Barkers Pool, Sheffield. I later found a copy on vhs at a car boot sale. I must get it on DVD, it's a classic. The sequel, "Amazon Women on the Moon" and the other great sketch movie "The Groove Tube" are equally worth seeking out.

Beyond72 22nd February 2013 07:42 PM

It was partly due to remembering the first friend I knew who had a video player mentioning it and the fact I use to always see the cover in the video shops, but either way I picked up a cheap copy in CEX all these years later. (Not the Arrow release.)

My levels of nostalgia for the early days of video run deep! :lol: