Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th May 2011, 03:25 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Low sound in interviews

I'm a big fan of Argento and loving the latest releases but a lot of the interviews seem to have extremely low audio that even with my TV at max I can hardly hear a thing.

It just makes a great release a little less professional.
Old 15th May 2011, 04:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyt View Post
I'm a big fan of Argento and loving the latest releases but a lot of the interviews seem to have extremely low audio that even with my TV at max I can hardly hear a thing.

It just makes a great release a little less professional.
Thanks for the feedback.

We use a tie clip mic on all the interviews we do for Arrow and then clean up the sound a little further in post-production. So far this is the first mention of this - but if you can single out any times that it is noticeable I will go back and look at the encoding on the DVD featurette in question.

Ta!
Old 15th May 2011, 04:23 PM
Cult Rookie

Thanks for your quick reply. I just put on the music of deep red feature on the DVD, maxed the volume and still couldn't really hear much from the interview.
Old 15th May 2011, 05:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyt View Post
Thanks for your quick reply. I just put on the music of deep red feature on the DVD, maxed the volume and still couldn't really hear much from the interview.
Just checked and can't say I have had or noticed that problem - it would have definitely been brought to our attention during the encoding. If anyone else has please feedback and let us know.

Sorry if this has inconvenienced your enjoyment.
Old 15th May 2011, 05:30 PM
Cult Rookie

The sound itself is okay in parts its just the interviews. I'm sure I noticed something similar in another release

Like this? Share it using the links below!