Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th May 2011, 08:01 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default The Funhouse – The Reviews

When the reviews become available, post the links here and discuss them.
Old 4th July 2011, 06:16 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Nice write up on the AVForums.

Quote:
Well, folks, Arrow's inconsistency has been quite liberally addressed on many occasions, and not least by myself. But it gives me terrific pleasure to say that their transfer of The Funhouse has none of the issues that have plagued some of their previous releases. In fact, I was very highly satisfied and impressed with how the film looks in this AVC encode. It represents possibly the most faithful and film-like of their releases for quite some time.

Presented with its glorious 2.35:1 aspect intact and with all of its grain properly textured and film-like, though admittedly slight, Hooper's macabre yarn retains that early 80's anamorphic softness (which I like), yet delivers the garish colour scheme, some occasionally startlingly deep shadows and all the detail that you could hope for without any edge enhancement, altered timings, contrast or brightness boosting, aliasing or glitchy digital errors. If DNR has been applied, the resulting image has not been robbed of its integrity.
Old 4th July 2011, 01:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!

Can´t wait for this to drop in

One of my top 10 slashers from the golden era of 1980-1984
Old 4th July 2011, 09:43 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Sounds good!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 5th July 2011, 12:17 AM
Cultist

I'm really looking forward to this. Much more so than Obsession at least. It looks like a simple, yet wholly entertaining film and knowing now that I can expect a great picture quality too is fantastic.
Old 9th July 2011, 04:17 PM
Cultist

Review for the film (haven't got my grubby mitts on the Blu yet) here, ended up a bit of an essay. Definitely a film that grows on you the more you watch it!

Eye for Film : The Funhouse Movie Review (1981)

There are some mild spoilers there btw, if you haven't seen it you might want to wait til you have to check it out.
Old 9th July 2011, 06:11 PM
Cultist

Eagerly awaiting for this to arrive in my mailbox. Watched it on Netflix with the wife recently. It was her first time seeing it. Can't wait to watch it again on BluRay. I just hope that the extras are playable on my BluRay player.
Old 9th July 2011, 09:13 PM
Cult Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Stadanko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. View Post
Eagerly awaiting for this to arrive in my mailbox. Watched it on Netflix with the wife recently. It was her first time seeing it. Can't wait to watch it again on BluRay. I just hope that the extras are playable on my BluRay player.
It's still mostly sony players that will refuse to play them. So you can rest alittle easier, if you don't have a sony player. Otherwise....
Old 9th July 2011, 10:03 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stadanko View Post
It's still mostly sony players that will refuse to play them. So you can rest alittle easier, if you don't have a sony player. Otherwise....
It was confirmed that the extras will be in 1080p (although the box for Tenebrae states the same) so it should be OK.
Old 10th July 2011, 04:33 PM
Cult Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Stadanko

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain dead View Post
It was confirmed that the extras will be in 1080p (although the box for Tenebrae states the same) so it should be OK.
That review mentions that they won't play though.

Like this? Share it using the links below!