LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th May 2011, 12:30 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default Hatchet 2 – Official Announcement

Hatchet 2 (Arrow Films) DVD & Blu-ray

Hot-tempered Marybeth (Danielle Harris, Halloween I & II) is in a small boat in the Louisiana swamps, screaming for her life as she tries to free herself from the clutches of the deformed, swamp-dwelling killer Victor Crowley (Kane Hodder, Friday the 13th).

Crowley has murdered Marybeth’s family and other fellow vacationers who had come together on tourist excursion in the swamplands outside of New Orleans.

Marybeth escapes from Crowley and manages to make it back to civilization, where she once again encounters voodoo shop proprietor Reverend Zombie (Tony Todd, Candyman), who had helped to arrange Marybeth and company’s earlier, ill-fated tour of the area. To help Marybeth and also serve his own secret agenda, Reverend Zombie recruits a hardened pack of hunters to head back into the swamp to seek revenge on Victor Crowley.

SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Hatchet 2: Behind the Screams (34mins)
- Hatchet 2: First Look (8mins)
- Meet the Fx Team (6mins)
- 2x Commentaries: Adam Green, Tony Todd and Kane Hodder; Adam Green, Will Barrat and Robert Prendergraft
- Tv & Radio Spots
- Trailer

Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1 Anamorphic
Audio: 5.1 Dolby Digital (DVD), 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio (Blu-ray)
Language: English

Region 2 (DVD), B (Blu-ray)

Release date 29/08/11
DVD RRP £15.99
BD RRP £19.99
enterthehero likes this.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 19th July 2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 27th May 2011, 12:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Awesome, been looking forward to a UK release of this. Will it be getting the classic white packaging?
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 27th May 2011, 12:49 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

This release won't as its an Arrow Films release, not Arrow Video.
Old 27th May 2011, 12:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I didn't think much of the first at all, found it hugely overhyped by genre fans. But I did like Frozen, and am tempted to check this out. Perhaps I should give the original another chance, any plans to release the original on Blu-ray?

Are Hatchet 2 and Midnight all of Arrow's August releases, or will you be announcing more? Was hoping for some old school goodness heading to Blu.
Old 27th May 2011, 01:00 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I was just about to put this in another post, but there are some autumn goodies around the corner and we figured it would be a good idea to have a fairly light month in August to allow your wallets and bank accounts to recover after the extremely busy July and prepare for the autumn onslaught!

It also means you aren't missing out on releases if you're away on holiday or can spend more time outside enjoying the 'Great British Summer' without having loads of new releases to watch.
Old 27th May 2011, 01:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Another Arrow package i'll be pre-ordering twice on DVD and BR a.s.a.p. even though i already have Dark Sky's U.S. release. However, i must confess i do prefer the latter's cover although the film title lettering on Arrow's offering does get a thumbs up from me.
Old 27th May 2011, 01:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Splatterdragon, why do you need both BD and dvd?, especially when you have the R1 dvd.
Old 27th May 2011, 01:27 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Loved Hatchet and really looking forward to this release, held off buying the R1 to get it.

The commentaries should be good as Adam Green knows his stuff and is like us a fan of the horror genre. Like Eli Roth, always great to listen to.
Old 27th May 2011, 04:56 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Ooof. First one was terrible. Good luck with this one.
Old 28th May 2011, 12:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Splatterdragon, why do you need both BD and dvd?, especially when you have the R1 dvd.
I knew such a question would come my way sooner or later and my actions would eventually bring such a query upon myself.

I like to cater for both formats as i'm not ready to abandon DVD just yet, if ever. Also, any exclusive extras between U.S. and U.K. releases almost always results in yours truly buying both editions so both bases are covered. Admittedly, more for sake of 'completion' than anything else really.

Costly of course but my DVD and BR collection is the only true materialistic vice i have. As such, i like to maintain as hopefully impressive a range as i can and if this means spending thousands since '98 to achieve my goal then so be it. I'm just (perhaps overly?) passionate about certain cinema, that's all.

As i've confessed more than once in the past, i tend to suffer from OCD. This being Obsessive Collector Disorder and i don't see a cure in sight just yet. Although i do admit i can't see myself continuing collecting after the Blu-Ray format. Any new home entertainment technology succeeding HD viewing may well have to be forsaken by me.

H2 DVD and BR now pre-ordered from HMV at pretty nice prices too imo!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!