Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd June 2011, 03:39 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
McBain, announced above, is a Glickenhaus flick.
I'm an idiot!! Obviously, I can see the trees for the leaves.
Old 22nd June 2011, 04:36 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I suppose the Argento release could be The Five days of Milan, or even his producer led The Sect or The Church
It could be Do You Like Hitchcock? - not great, but well overdue a release in the UK.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 22nd June 2011, 04:45 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Not sure if it's already been asked. White cases? or differnt colours for genres?
Old 22nd June 2011, 05:27 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
It could be Do You Like Hitchcock? - not great, but well overdue a release in the UK.
It would be great if it was a potential release and even better if it had Italian Lang/Eng subs...the dubbing is horrendous on this (and unlike other Italian films were various languages were spoken this was shot in Italian as it was for Italian TV)
Old 22nd June 2011, 06:19 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Arrow Video is growing! In September 2011 Arrow Video's kid brother, ARROWDROME launches with a slice of cult films in new editions. Following Arrow Video's stylish design, these bitesize editions feature reversible sleeve artwork and booklets about the film and filmmakers, ARROWDROME editions are an easy and affordable way to expand your cult film library. Forthcoming releases include films by Juan Fortuny, James Glickenhaus, Dario Argento and more!

The stylish artwork will feature different colours for different genres so you can arrange your collection accordingly.

To kick things off, ArrowDrome's first releases will be in the horror and action genres with:

The Man with the Severed Head

and McBain

Forthcoming releases will have a yellow logo for gialli and pink for erotic titles (and possibly a couple more), but those will be announced in the next few months, so there are exciting times ahead!

And blue for blue movies?

I agree Stephen,that artwork is going to take a bit of getting used to,but then again,the Arrow video titles are hard to beat when it comes to art.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 22nd June 2011, 06:32 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Not sure if it's already been asked. White cases? or differnt colours for genres?
I don't know, and I hadn't thought about it until now. I'll find out either this week or on Monday, when I usually ask the questions raised over the week in one go.

If you have any questions regarding Arrow titles and they don't fit in any thread here, either send me a PM or e-mail (David@cult-labs.com).
Old 22nd June 2011, 06:54 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
And blue for blue movies?

I agree Stephen,that artwork is going to take a bit of getting used to,but then again,the Arrow video titles are hard to beat when it comes to art.
You know, I always read posts from people moaning about the new artwork on Arrow releases and think, stop your bloody moaning!, Arrow give us reverse artwork so if you don't like the new stuff, then it around. So at the end of the day, I should take my own advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22nd June 2011, 06:56 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

This is a pretty cool idea. Interested to see what future titles are going to be released. Really curious about the Argento one, I really hope it's not a re-release of something brought out on the Arrow Video label though.
Old 22nd June 2011, 07:16 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
This is a pretty cool idea. Interested to see what future titles are going to be released. Really curious about the Argento one, I really hope it's not a re-release of something brought out on the Arrow Video label though.
I don't see Arrow doing that. The spiffy Arrow Video titles don't cost an arm and a leg, so no point in a budget re-release of any of them ( even if Anchor Bay used to do that with their Bay View range).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 23rd June 2011, 01:55 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Really too bad MAN WITH THE SEVERED HEAD is the Naschy title to be released. I'm a Naschy fan, too. Is it popular in the UK? Doesn't appear to be in the US.

Like this? Share it using the links below!