Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   The Cat o’ Nine Tails – Official Announcement (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/6032-cat-o%E2%80%99-nine-tails-%E2%80%93-official-announcement.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th June 2011 12:38 PM

The Cat o’ Nine Tails – Official Announcement

Caught between the truth and a murderer’s hand!

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...t_lo-res-1.jpg

A break in at a genetics lab leads to a spiralling vortex of bloody murder in Cat O’ Nine Tails, Dario Argento’s 70s Giallo classic.

Strange circumstances surrounding the crime pique the interest of a journalist and a blind crossword compiler whose sharp ears have overheard talk of blackmail. However, all the would be investigators leads soon regret the help they gave as scientists die in front of speeding trains and photographers are viciously slain while others fall to their screaming deaths down elevator shafts in this surreal and nightmarish thriller from one of the acknowledged masters of Italian horror.

As the body count increases, will no one escape the sting of Cat O’ Nine Tails?

THIS AMAZING EDITION CONTAINS:
- 4 Sleeve art options with original and newly commissioned artwork
- Two-sided fold-out poster
- Exclusive collector’s booklet featuring brand new writing by Alan Jones, author of ‘Profondo Argento’

BLU-RAY DISC CONTAINS:
- Brand new High Definition transfer of the film (1080p)
- Optional English and Italian Mono Audio

SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Dario Argento Remembers Cat O’ Nine Tails (1080p)
- Cat O’ Nine Tails in Reflection, an interview with long-time Argento collaborator Luigi Cozzi (1080p)
- Sergio Martino: The Art and Arteries of the Giallo (1080p)
- Original Trailer

Artwork by Rick Melton

In original 2.35:1 (16x9) aspect ratio

Optional English and Italian Language with English subtitles for Italian language

111 mins approx

BD50 Region ABC

RRP £24.99

Released 26th September 2011

Prince_Vajda 30th June 2011 12:54 PM

It'll be a happy September this year - with another Argento flick and Pieces. :)

Greetings!

BAKA 30th June 2011 01:07 PM

I had a feeling this would be the September Blu. I've had my pre-order for a while, and I certainly won't be cancelling.

Baseball Fury 30th June 2011 01:34 PM

It's about time, I pre-ordered this in November!

oaxaca 30th June 2011 02:00 PM

That's 2 from Argento's animal trilogy, we just need 4 flies now :D

Cat O'Nine Tails is one of my personal favourites of his for what its worth so I'm really looking forward to this. I think I'll wait for Arrows version rather than buy the BU one.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th June 2011 07:43 PM

Love CAT!

Morricone's score is one of the best for an Argento number.:nod:

Splatterdragon73 5th July 2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 161881)
I had a feeling this would be the September Blu. I've had my pre-order for a while, and I certainly won't be cancelling.

You and me both and i do like Rick's cover. The film title lettering on the elevator shaft walls is another nice touch too. Not exactly bursting with extras in keeping with TBWTCP but given as both this movie and Cat represent early Argento it's not really surprising. Still, another potentially satisfactory Arrow release so roll on September!:)

Calum 5th July 2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 163436)
Not exactly bursting with extras

Still almost an hour of newly produced stuff! Not many other non-Arrow Argento discs that can claim that! :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th July 2011 02:54 PM

I was about to post something like that. A quick look at the disc specifications shows there's plenty on offer here apart from the film. Is it worth a double dip if you're ready own the Blue Underground release? Only time will tell, but my initial thought was 'yes'.

Splatterdragon73 7th July 2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calum (Post 163467)
Still almost an hour of newly produced stuff! Not many other non-Arrow Argento discs that can claim that! :)

Point taken and it's because of the obligatory exclusive Arrow extras and typically terrific packaging that my expected double BR pre-orders have been in since day one. The main selling point to BU's HD edition must surely be the improved transfer only seeing as the bonus material is far from new and presented in SD. But as usual i like to own both U.S. and U.K. variants as each release has something the other doesn't. Believe me, as long as Arrow continue to deliver the goods my money will continue to be there in support of their efforts.:)