Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th August 2011, 09:33 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I've passed that query on to Arrow and should hopefully have something definite next week.
I've just head back from this and, yes, Pieces will be out on time still. Midnight, however, has been delayed (the details for which are on Midnight's thread).
Old 19th August 2011, 12:36 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
I've passed that query on to Arrow and should hopefully have something definite next week.
thanks!!! I just pre-ordered it so lets keep our fingers crossed....
Old 19th August 2011, 12:40 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingof1984 View Post
thanks!!! I just pre-ordered it so lets keep our fingers crossed....
As you can see from Sarah's post above, Midnight will be delayed but Pieces will be released as scheduled.
TheKingof1984 likes this.
Old 19th August 2011, 01:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
Splatterdragon, I have to ask because it's been intriguing me for while.

Why do you buy two copies of releases? Not double-dipping, but say, two copies of an Arrow BD or something?

Not a criticism, I'm just genuinely interested!
My double-buying actions tend to result in such intrigue and there's no doubt i bring such attention upon myself! Interest such as yours is never criticism to me. Merely an understandable enquiry. Simply a question and like all good questions, one such as yours deserves an answer.

I do think i've responded to such a query elsewhere on these forums but it's generally all about exclusivity (is there such a word?) to me together with more than a little touch of OCD (Obsessive Collector Disorder!) among other things.

I consider myself in a potentially similar mindset to fellow forum member Nos, in that it's just not enough to own one copy of a particular title (regardless of the DVD or BR label releasing it.) when there's exclusive packaging or bonus material evident. One copy is for my own viewing pleasure, the other is kept brand new for any possible collectable value. I stress i don't take this action with every single title yours truly buys, just the releases that i think may merit collectability or potential future value of some sort or another. Limited edition titles and Code Red DVDs (for instance i have two Nightmare DVDs.) are a good example. Once they're gone that's it so get 'em while you can! Sure, such expensive efforts cost me a bomb and if i screwed my head on a bit tighter the money yours truly would save from purchasing just one copy of a particular release could go towards buying a different title. You probably wouldn't believe how many backup DVDs i have stored away. Most of these going back years. BRs too but more or less just the Arrow range.

If the deservedly popular likes of Nucleus Films, Shameless and Arrow didn't bless us with highly buyable output replete with U.K. exclusive packaging and/or extras then i wouldn't be indulging in two copies of the above outfits titles. A single, solitary purchase would suffice for me.

I'm well aware i'm most probably wasting my hard earned cash where DVDs are concerned seeing as SD editions are seemingly worth less and less in the higher defined face of BR. But it's a chance i'll take as long as yours truly can afford it and if most or all of my spare DVD items amount to nothing in value in years to come then i'll gladly hold my hands up in admission of making many bad investments!

If i recall rightly, Nos once said i have "More money than sense." and i believe my good self answered he's most probably right. But yours truly wouldn't have it any other way and my dedication and devotion to making my movie collection only the best i can make it should hopefully not be doubted. Trust me, i'm more or less just like anybody else here when it comes to procuring my preferred genre output on DVD and BR. Only i tend to spend more excessively and recklessly than most if not all others! Yours truly buying two copies of his fave films is just another, most definitely OTT example of how (overly?) serious my collector sensibilities are.

I hope this response answers your question and meets with your approval. If not, please feel free to laugh at my (perhaps less than rational?) reasoning. Believe me, no offence taken my friend and i actually feel better for getting my opinions of my chest.

Last edited by Splatterdragon73; 20th August 2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old 19th August 2011, 02:53 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
As you can see from Sarah's post above, Midnight will be delayed but Pieces will be released as scheduled.
SUPERB!!! I have been looking forward to this for a very long time.....Please pass on the word that it's much appreciated, I love this company
Old 19th August 2011, 04:41 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
If i recall rightly, Nos once said i have "More money than sense." and i believe i answered he's most probably right. But i wouldn't have it any other way and my dedication and devotion to making my movie collection the best i can make it should hopefully not be doubted. Yours truly buying two copies of his fave films is just another, most definitely OTT example of how (overly?) serious my collector sensibilities are.
I possibly said that, but the same thing was sent to me to which I replied something along the lines of 'Some say that wouldn't be too hard'! Like you, I want my DVD collection (and BD collection) to be the best it can be and, if that means buying many different versions (or sometimes two copies of the same version) of the same title, that's what I'll do.
Old 19th August 2011, 05:13 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Two?
Try five or six or seven!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th August 2011, 05:25 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
Two?
Of the same film by the same company?
Old 19th August 2011, 05:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
Two?
My wife often asks me why I have multiple copies of certain films(Dawn of the dead for example), "You can only watch one at once" she says, this is generally met with a "You've only got one pair of feet, so why have you got so many pairs of shoes?".
Old 19th August 2011, 08:33 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
My wife often asks me why I have multiple copies of certain films(Dawn of the dead for example), "You can only watch one at once" she says, this is generally met with a "You've only got one pair of feet, so why have you got so many pairs of shoes?".
Ha Ha, I just got in the same argument with my wife. I've recently run out of nice shelve space for my DVDs and the wife is mad that I keep buying more with no where to put them, yet our house upstairs is cluttered with all her full shoe boxes that wouldn't fit in the two full closets that are already filled with shoe boxes. Nice to see I'm not the only one with that problem.

Like this? Share it using the links below!