Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th October 2011, 09:09 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Now here's the constructive part. I had mine pre-ordered directly from Arrow, and my disc arrived yesterday. So I don't think there's any delay.

However, both play.com and amazon.co.uk don't seem to have any copies of The Man With The Severed Head in stock.

My guess: the retailers are to blame for not having ordered enough copies.

Greetings!
Old 11th October 2011, 10:03 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Oh come on, bit of a low blow isn't it? I'm all for good grammar etc but there's no need for that sort of jokey snobbery. There's loads of viable reasons for someone to post without commas (England as 2nd language, dyslexia, could just be in a hurry) and drawing attention to it in an unconstructive manner makes you look a bit petty, even in jest.
I agree with Paul, Prince. That was quite rude and uncalled for.

If someone's writing is impossible to decipher then it's up to the mods to discuss this discreetly with them. It's not up to you to publicly chastise them.

And anyway, I understood the post fine so there's no problem with its ability to communicate and therefore isn't a problem in the first place.

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using Tapatalk
Old 11th October 2011, 10:26 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Calling a little jest "rude" and a "low blow" - sorry, but that's...

But I get it: --> -->

Greetings!

Old 11th October 2011, 10:40 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Calling a little jest "rude" and a "low blow" - sorry, but that's...
As Paul said, there could be a number of reasons for a person not using commas. If, for example, it was me you had aimed your "jest" at and I was dyslexic or had any other kind of learning difficulty I would be absolutely mortified. So, yes, it is a low blow and rude since you don't know the circumstances under which the post is being made.

Incidentally, horror4life, I'm not saying for one minute you have a learning difficulty so please don't take offence. I'm simply trying to illustrate why Prince's post was out of line and how it could cause upset.
Old 11th October 2011, 11:08 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Your assumptions may be valid, but they sound a bit far-fetched. Right now, it's simply a poorly written post, and a teasing answer of mine, nothing more.

But if I have to take every slight possibility into account before posting a joke... well, I'm out then! The risk of "offending" somebody is simply too high!

Greetings!

PS: I'd say this overly long discussion should end here, therefore:
Old 11th October 2011, 11:19 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
But if I have to take every slight possibility into account before posting a joke... well, I'm out then! The risk of "offending" somebody is simply too high!
No, you don't have to take every slight possibility into account when making a joke. But there is a difference between posting a joke and posting a joke at someone else's expense.

And now,

Thank you.

Last edited by Sarah@Cult Labs; 11th October 2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11th October 2011, 11:41 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by horror4life View Post
has they being delayed or stock issues had it pre ordered it amazon with a oct 10th release/ship but now says expected shipping is 21 Oct 2011 - 6 Nov 2011
I don't think the title has been delayed, but I'll let Arrow now about what's going on at Amazon.
Old 11th October 2011, 05:48 PM
Cultist in Training

Ok, thanks for the info
Old 11th October 2011, 06:45 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by horror4life View Post
Ok, thanks for the info
Something that might be of interest:

"Please know that we placed an preorder for this item from our suppliers and we believed we had access to more copies of this title. However, all of our suppliers have rapidly sold out of this title. Major suppliers have thousands of copies on order from the manufacturer, awaiting for the next stock. Currently we are fulfilling orders on a first-come first-serve basis."

That's from an Amazon mail that I received half an hour ago.
As you have pre-ordered your copy of The Man With The Severed Head, I guess that you'll be one of the first to receive a copy once they have new stock!

Greetings!
Old 11th October 2011, 07:00 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Something that might be of interest:

"Please know that we placed an preorder for this item from our suppliers and we believed we had access to more copies of this title. However, all of our suppliers have rapidly sold out of this title. Major suppliers have thousands of copies on order from the manufacturer, awaiting for the next stock. Currently we are fulfilling orders on a first-come first-serve basis."

That's from an Amazon mail that I received half an hour ago.
As you have pre-ordered your copy of The Man With The Severed Head, I guess that you'll be one of the first to receive a copy once they have new stock!

Greetings!
cool, I have it preordered with a few weeks. There a few titles amazon are having stock issue with at the moment. Quatermass And The Pit another title that shipments have being push back. I assume it the same reason.

Like this? Share it using the links below!