Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   The Man with the Severed Head (ArrowDrome) – Official Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/6034-man-severed-head-arrowdrome-official-thread.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th June 2011 12:44 PM

The Man with the Severed Head (ArrowDrome) – Official Thread

The mind of a man, the head of a killer!

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...dHeadSmall.jpg

From the dusty vaults of Eurociné, the production grindhouse that’s left a permanent stain on cinema’s reputation, ARROWDROME brings you... The Man With The Severed Head.

Spain’s greatest horror icon Paul Naschy is transformed into a raging psychopath in this sleazy ride to murder and depravity from a time when exploitation cinema ruled the fleapits of Europe.

When a jewellery heist goes awry, Jack Surnett (Naschy) finds himself with a bullet in his head and few options. Luckily, his gang have the novel idea to transplant his brain into the corpse of their arch nemesis, a gangster called ‘The Sadist’. But as he settles into his new body, Jack feels sinister urges welling up inside, urges that will lead him down a path to madness, torture and crimson murder!

ARROWDROME IS A FLEAPIT SELECTED LIBRARY OF CULT FILMS; VIOLENT, HORRIFIC, SLEAZY, EXPLOITATIVE. TO EXPLORE STEP IN TO THE CULT ARENA! EVERY ARROWDROME RELEASE INCLUDES A REVERSIBLE SLEEVE OF ORIGINAL ARTWORK AND A COLLECTOR’S BOOKLET!

ALSO INCLUDES ADDITIONAL EROTIC SCENES AND FEATURETTE WITH STAR PAUL NASCHY + ‘PAUL NASCHY IN AMERICA: AN INTERVIEW WITH NASCHY DISTRIBUTOR SAM SHERMAN’ BOOKLET BY CALUM WADDELL!

86 mins approx

English & French Language Options with optional English subtitles for French language

RRP £9.99

Released 12th September 2011 (HMV Exclusive)

Pete 30th June 2011 12:56 PM

Are the 'additional erotic scenes' going back before the bbfc? They were heavily cut last time.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th June 2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 161879)
Are the 'additional erotic scenes' going back before the bbfc? They were heavily cut last time.

To be honest, I'm not sure but I'll find out for you.

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th June 2011 06:20 PM

What a shame Paul himself cannot contribute to this release.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th June 2011 06:32 PM

Damn!
A day late to be a birthday pressie!:rolleyes:

Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. 30th June 2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 161985)
Damn!

Your Birthday? If so, Happy Late Birthday!!
And it's being released about one week past Paul Naschys birthday.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th June 2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 161985)
Damn!

When is it too late to ask for something as a belated birthday present?!

Splatterdragon73 5th July 2011 10:25 AM

You can't go wrong with Arrow's generous £6.99 advance purchase price for TMWTSH so my double order was paid for days ago.
Now all i have to do is wait.:)

nekromantik 29th July 2011 06:55 PM

Just placed me order for this!
£5.39!!!

Hope the erotic scenes dont get cut!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th July 2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 169487)
Hope the erotic scenes dont get cut!

When the BBFC's verdict is announced, Sarah or I will let you know.

Baseball Fury 29th July 2011 07:20 PM

I've got this and McBain on pre-order with HMV, £5.99 a piece!

Pete 29th July 2011 09:36 PM

I might order this but I'll leave MACBAIN as Synapse are releasing it on blu-ray and I'll always go for the BD if it's available.

trouserpress 6th August 2011 08:35 PM

Loving the sound of Arrowdrome. I thought they couldn't get any sleazier than Arrow Video. I was wrong!

Prince_Vajda 6th August 2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trouserpress (Post 172229)
Loving the sound of Arrowdrome. I thought they couldn't get any sleazier than Arrow Video. I was wrong!

Same here. Obscure and filthy flicks, great artwork, wallet-friendly prices - these discs must become a success story. I'm gonna help by pre-ordering all four announced releases. :clap:

Greetings!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 7th August 2011 06:25 AM

Here's hoping the Eurocine zombie duo appear as well.

Sobral 21st August 2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 161870)

Released 12th September 2011 (HMV Exclusive)

??? For how long? I already pre-ordered it from Amazon, should I cancel it?

ecc 2nd September 2011 05:03 AM

THE MAN WITH THE SEVERED HEAD at DVDBeaver

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd September 2011 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sobral (Post 175699)
??? For how long? I already pre-ordered it from Amazon, should I cancel it?

It's HMV exclusive for a month and will be available from other stores on October 10. If you want to keep track of all release dates, I try to keep this list as up-to-date as I can.

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arro...lete-list.html

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 12th September 2011 11:15 AM

Dont forget THE MAN WITH THE SEVERED HEAD is OUT NOW exclusively at HMV!

Baseball Fury 12th September 2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 180508)

Are you sure? Because my pre-order with the HMV website has moved it to the 10th of October!

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th September 2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 180508)

No its not.

Its listed as released 10th October on the website.

Man With The Severed Head (2011): DVD: hmv.com

Sarah@Cult Labs 12th September 2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 180511)
No its not.

It looks like the exclusivity deal is in stores, not online.

nekromantik 12th September 2011 01:38 PM

Sarah why would Arrow do a store only exclusive?
Just curious :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th September 2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 180532)
It looks like the exclusivity deal is in stores, not online.

Bet they charge £15 plus instore as well.

nekromantik 12th September 2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 180511)
No its not.

Kyle was only telling us what he has been told :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th September 2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 180541)
Kyle was only telling us what he has been told :)

Me too, when i went to order it online.;)

Sarah@Cult Labs 12th September 2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 180536)
Sarah why would Arrow do a store only exclusive?
Just curious :)

Not sure - could be one of many reasons!

It could be to do with stock levels (remember, this became HMV exclusive after the fire at Sony).

Basically, Kyle is just passing on the information I gave him and I was the one who never thought to check with Arrow if the exclusivity extended to HMV's online store or not so the error is mine.

Of course, you can also order from Arrow directly.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th September 2011 03:42 PM

I wasn't having a go at Kyle. He made his announcement in bold red letters, i just followed suit.

:bolt:

Sarah@Cult Labs 12th September 2011 04:05 PM

Have just heard from Arrow who have just been told The Man With the Severed Head has been pushed back to next week. As you can imagine, they're pretty upset about this as they would have liked to have been able to keep their fans in the loop, but there has clearly been a communication error somewhere which has resulted in this confusion.

So it will be available as a a HMV exclusive in stores and online next week along with McBain.

It is available direct from Arrow at the humble price of £6.99 or as part of their September preorder special.

bgart13 12th September 2011 05:43 PM

Did Arrow consider contacting Mirek Lipinski about doing liners or some such work on this? He is one of the foremost Naschy experts, after all.

nekromantik 12th September 2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 180572)
Have just heard from Arrow who have just been told The Man With the Severed Head has been pushed back to next week. As you can imagine, they're pretty upset about this as they would have liked to have been able to keep their fans in the loop, but there has clearly been a communication error somewhere which has resulted in this confusion.

So it will be available as a a HMV exclusive in stores and online next week along with McBain.

It is available direct from Arrow at the humble price of £6.99 or as part of their September preorder special.

Good news.
:)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th September 2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgart13 (Post 180621)
Did Arrow consider contacting Mirek Lipinski about doing liners or some such work on this? He is one of the foremost Naschy experts, after all.

I seem to remember Calum saying they tried to arrange something but they were scheduling problems. I could be thinking of someone completely different though!

mdwhitby 12th September 2011 10:07 PM

Well, picked this up today in the Cambridge HMV for the princely sum of £8.99 - they had a couple of copies on the shelf. Only a couple of quid over the RRP, that must be some sort of record for HMV.

The movie is pretty entertaining, although not much of a star vehicle for Paul Naschy, at least not until the final 20 minutes.

The best part of the DVD is the fantastic 20 odd minute featurette on Naschy's career by Calum - great stuff and definitely is going to result in some further outlay on some of Naschy's back catalogue. The missing erotic scenes are not bad either, although one or two are hilarious.

Speaking of hilarious, whoever wrote the blurb on the back of the DVD case must have watched a different film to me. "...his gang have the novel idea to transplant his brain into the corpse of their arch nemesis...". I think you have that the wrong way round!!

PQ is not bad, especially considering the origin of the picture. The picture is very sharp throughout but there is some print damage evident later in the film.

Calum 13th September 2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 180677)
I seem to remember Calum saying they tried to arrange something but they were scheduling problems. I could be thinking of someone completely different though!

You are thinking of someone completely different.

Calum 13th September 2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdwhitby (Post 180692)
Well, picked this up today in the Cambridge HMV for the princely sum of £8.99 - they had a couple of copies on the shelf. Only a couple of quid over the RRP, that must be some sort of record for HMV.

The movie is pretty entertaining, although not much of a star vehicle for Paul Naschy, at least not until the final 20 minutes.

The best part of the DVD is the fantastic 20 odd minute featurette on Naschy's career by Calum - great stuff and definitely is going to result in some further outlay on some of Naschy's back catalogue. The missing erotic scenes are not bad either, although one or two are hilarious.

Speaking of hilarious, whoever wrote the blurb on the back of the DVD case must have watched a different film to me. "...his gang have the novel idea to transplant his brain into the corpse of their arch nemesis...". I think you have that the wrong way round!!

PQ is not bad, especially considering the origin of the picture. The picture is very sharp throughout but there is some print damage evident later in the film.

Great stuff! Really glad you liked the documentary!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th September 2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calum (Post 180758)
You are thinking of someone completely different.

I've been racking my brains trying to think of it was. Could you enlighten me?

nekromantik 16th September 2011 12:02 PM

postman delivered my copy today from HMV :)

Baseball Fury 16th September 2011 07:01 PM

Me too. Happy days, I might fire it up tonight

Splatterdragon73 17th September 2011 09:42 AM

Just waiting for Arrow to deliver my copies and hopefully sometime next week.:)

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th September 2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 181748)
Me too. Happy days, I might fire it up tonight

I only have one question.......can you dance like Carlton Banks? :pound: