Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   McBain (ArrowDrome) – Official Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/6035-mcbain-arrowdrome-official-thread.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th June 2011 12:45 PM

McBain (ArrowDrome) – Official Thread

War is Addictive!

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...cBainSmall.jpg

Christopher Walken (The Deer Hunter, King of New York) is Robert Mcbain... An ordinary steel worker with an extraordinary past. 18 years ago, in the sweltering heat of the Vietnamese jungle, he was a prisoner of war. Rescued by a future Columbian rebel, he is now held to a sacred vow, sworn over a torn $100 bill.

Now McBain must help to liberate Central America and decimate its evil drug trade by bringing together his old comrades from ‘Nam. Together with the downtrodden peasants of Columbia, it’s up to them to crush the military junta, bring down El Presidente and give the country back to the people while blowing up as many tanks, planes and people as possible.

From director James Glickenhaus, director of such video store exploitation action classics as The Exterminator and Shakedown, comes a movie that ticks every macho box in the guns ‘n’ glory movie guide and delivers a body count that even Rambo would be proud of.

ARROWDROME IS A FLEAPIT SELECTED LIBRARY OF CULT FILMS; VIOLENT, HORRIFIC, SLEAZY, EXPLOITATIVE. TO EXPLORE STEP IN TO THE CULT ARENA! EVERY ARROWDROME RELEASE INCLUDES A REVERSIBLE SLEEVE OF ORIGINAL ARTWORK AND A COLLECTOR’S BOOKLET!

ALSO INCLUDES INTRODUCTION BY AND INTERVIEW WITH DIRECTOR JAMES GLICKENHAUS + BOOKLET BY CALUM WADDELL!

99 mins approx

English Language

RRP £9.99

Released 19th September 2011 (HMV Exclusive)

Breck 30th June 2011 01:14 PM

HAMANAHAMANAHAMANA!!!!! OOOF this looks good and a very welcome release from new label Arrowdrome! Good to see some Glickenhaus getting a new release too.

Especially interested in the Calum Waddel booklet. A like a good booklet ;)

Great stuff! :)

dream demon 30th June 2011 06:19 PM

I've never heard of this one, but it sounds great!

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th June 2011 06:23 PM

Has anyone actually seen Mcbain before?

Is it any good?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th June 2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 161977)
Has anyone actually seen Mcbain before?

Is it any good?

Yes and yes, although it probably depends on how you feel about action movies. If the synopsis sounds good to you, or in any way promising, it's well worth a watch and, at £6.99 delivered with those extra features, it's well worth a blind buy.

If I had to sum it up in a sentence, it's like the A Team made into a serious, but fun to watch, movie.

Jeff D 2nd July 2011 05:34 AM

I've never seen this. Looks very cool.

keirarts 2nd July 2011 08:33 AM

Anyone else can't help thinking about the simpsons hearing the title?

Other than that saw this over a decade ago on vhs, good movie as i recall.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd July 2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 162513)
Anyone else can't help thinking about the simpsons hearing the title?

From Wikipedia:

Quote:

"McBain" was originally the name of a supporting character on The Simpsons, an Arnold Schwarzenegger analogue who starred in a fictional series of action films of the same name. His appearance on The Simpsons predates the release of this film, and apart from the name, the film has little relation to the character.

keirarts 2nd July 2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 162518)
From Wikipedia:

yeah, i knew that, still doesent stop me chuckling though!

Mcbain was actually a parody of schwarzenegger, not just him but the overly testosterone fuelled action flick he had a tendency to star in...

I still enjoy em' though.

:popcorn:

dream demon 30th July 2011 12:18 PM

His real name, of course, is Rainier Luftwaffe Wolfcastle. :lol:

From Wikipedia -

"The McBain films were meant to satirize clichés of action movies. The character was originally named McBain, after the fictional film franchise. When the film McBain was released in 1991, the films's producers refused to allow the show to use the name, so the name "Rainier Wolfcastle", to represent the actor's real name, was created by the Simpsons writers to use instead. Later, the use of the name McBain returned to the show as the name of Wolfcastle's character."

‪McBain - Let's get silly (Long version)‬‏ - YouTube