Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th July 2011, 08:13 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Default Framing Arrow posters

Just womdering if any of you out there do actually frame the posters you get in the Arrow dvds/BD's and if you have any pictures. Also, if so, where do you get your frames from (had a look in Ikea and couldn'f ind any with the right dimensions).
Old 10th July 2011, 06:53 PM
Cultist in Training

I've framed them all so far. I'm in the US so i just go to target. They have simple black poster frames there. They aren't the exact dimentions but it gives them a little border, which i'm ok with.
Old 11th July 2011, 03:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

This is what I did with my COTLD poster and cards.

Old 11th July 2011, 03:58 AM
Cultist in Training

thats a sweet set up!! not sure if i want to open my cards or not yet..... still debating...
Old 11th July 2011, 11:22 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

If you're going to do this, I recommend placing the poster on the floor in between two towels and giving it a good steam iron on a hot setting. Flattens out the folds in the creases whilst keeping slight lines, giving it that grindhouse look
oaxaca likes this.
Old 14th July 2011, 09:48 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingof1984 View Post
I've framed them all so far. I'm in the US so i just go to target. They have simple black poster frames there. They aren't the exact dimentions but it gives them a little border, which i'm ok with.
Ideally I just want the image in the frame, and not the white border with the Arrow logo or the director's name on it, so it looks like a normal film poster. I think I'll end up just folding the sides of the poster to accomodate the frame in the end (I was reluctant to do this at first as I didn't want to 'spoil' the poster which seems silly but at the end of the day I'd rather have a poster with the sides folded on display rather than just keep it in the disc case).

Would love to see more of people's pictures of their posters though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
If you're going to do this, I recommend placing the poster on the floor in between two towels and giving it a good steam iron on a hot setting. Flattens out the folds in the creases whilst keeping slight lines, giving it that grindhouse look
Top tip! I did worry about how they'd look due to the creases (one of the reasons I wanted to see pictures) but that sounds like a good way to do it.
Old 14th July 2011, 10:57 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
I enjoy the creases....makes it feel like a mini one sheet to me! The hardest part is deciding which side to display, the old school poster art, or the new art....I've already switched them back and fourth a few times haha
Old 14th July 2011, 11:38 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I just tried ironing it between two towels, didn't work as well as I had thought. In the midst of sorting out posters I also stood on the glass frame of my Night of the Living Dead poster. Not my best day
Old 16th October 2011, 06:40 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Was going to post more framed Arrow posters but will just make do with this one for now. They look awesome on the wall though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AMBA0004.jpg (102.6 KB, 39 views)
Old 16th October 2011, 06:48 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'd love to frame the posters, but for me, taking the posters out of the cases makes the set incomplete (if that makes any sense?). I'd love Arrow to sell copies as well for those of us that can't bear to break up the sets. Even better would be 27x40 posters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like this? Share it using the links below!