All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th April 2012, 09:14 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Theft is okay then, if it's online?
no but i cant see how its theft i rent a movie i send the same movie back.

its a moot point though - but ive had it myself when ive rented games and the game ive gotten has clearly been switched by someone as the rental places wouldnt send them out in such a state.

now can we draw a line under it please. ive withdrawn comment.
Old 15th April 2012, 09:23 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingersplash View Post
no but i cant see how its theft i rent a movie i send the same movie back.

its a moot point though - but ive had it myself when ive rented games and the game ive gotten has clearly been switched by someone as the rental places wouldnt send them out in such a state.

now can we draw a line under it please. ive withdrawn comment.
You still don't get it, do you?

Greetings!
Old 15th April 2012, 09:30 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
You still don't get it, do you?

Greetings!
i do its damage limitation.
Old 15th April 2012, 09:33 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Don't worry Stinger, trade it in at Blockbuster, they'll give you 20p for it. Thats not stealing though.
Old 15th April 2012, 09:37 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

If you rent a movie and receive a specific disc (let's call it 'A'), you have to return disc 'A' - and not another disc. If you return another disc, you've stolen disc 'A'. That's the law, and it's pretty simple.

Greetings!
Old 15th April 2012, 09:52 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
If you rent a movie and receive a specific disc (let's call it 'A'), you have to return disc 'A' - and not another disc. If you return another disc, you've stolen disc 'A'. That's the law, and it's pretty simple.

Greetings!
well thanks for the explanation im not an retard though.

lets say i rent disc 'A' and i lose it - it gets broken, drawn on by little timmy or eaten by fido. they want me to pay for a new one, and the rental price is £30 or something silly. so i just buy a new one for a fiver and send them the disc - is that stealing? no i dont think so.

look i said something, i apologised and removed comment, people keep going on about it, ive tried to put it to bed, its not working though is it.

to me theft would be renting the disc and saying it didnt arrive - or saying they sent me the wrong disc and giving them some rubbish in return. im not saying its perfect but in my crazy mind renting something and sending it back, as long as its the same movie and format is ok - you could accidentally send the wrong thing back couldnt you.

anyway enough. ive bought a new copy from play.com for £9.49 and will take this one to cex and get £7.00 for it - or is that wrong too?
Old 16th April 2012, 08:18 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I think the expression 'When you're in a hole, stop digging' applies here.
shawnduhast likes this.
Old 27th April 2012, 01:09 PM
Cultist in Training

OK, decided to bite the bullet and finally ordered a copy from Amazon (along with my steelbook blu of Return of the Living Dead. So many movies, so little money ). It's been like trying not to pick at a scab since it's initial release. Held off because of the faulty disc problem. Hoping now though that most of those should be out of circulation. Couple of new Amazon reviews make it sound as if thats the case.

Keeping my receipts though
Old 27th April 2012, 02:11 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbler View Post
OK, decided to bite the bullet and finally ordered a copy from Amazon (along with my steelbook blu of Return of the Living Dead. So many movies, so little money ). It's been like trying not to pick at a scab since it's initial release. Held off because of the faulty disc problem. Hoping now though that most of those should be out of circulation. Couple of new Amazon reviews make it sound as if thats the case.

Keeping my receipts though
I bought a copy from Amazon a couple of months back and watched it a couple of nights ago. Opening was sepia-tinted monochrome, not black and white.
shawnduhast likes this.
Old 27th April 2012, 02:31 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodensuperman View Post
I bought a copy from Amazon a couple of months back and watched it a couple of nights ago. Opening was sepia-tinted monochrome, not black and white.
Good to hear, cheers. Kicking myself now that I've waited so long

Like this? Share it using the links below!