All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th October 2011, 05:47 AM
Active Cultist

DVDBeaver review
Old 6th October 2011, 01:23 PM
Cult Rookie

I guess the dvd is already "pressed" N' done. But you guys should have included the Swedish Trailer (I'd have helped you) of "Erik The Viking". It's Terry Jones, somewhere in the Stockholm archipelago, talking to the screan, saying something like "listen up you Swedes, my new film er-ikk vicking, is soon coming to your theatres", and he's interuppted buy one of our baltic ferrys, a giant red one from the company Viking Line, and then the trailer starts as usual... It's hilarious.

SNy.
Old 21st October 2011, 09:48 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Question: why does it say original UK theatrical cut? It's the shorter UK video version? The original UK theatrical cut was 107mins , not 90 (with PAL speedup).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21st October 2011, 12:43 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Question: why does it say original UK theatrical cut? It's the shorter UK video version? The original UK theatrical cut was 107mins , not 90 (with PAL speedup).

The theatrical cut was released before Terry Jones had time to edit it to his satisfaction, which is why that is 90 minutes and the 'Director's Son's Version' (the one on disc one) is 75 minutes, with much better pacing and some scenes rearranged so it actually plays better than the theatrical cut.

That's my opinion anyway, but the best way to find out is to watch both versions and then the theatrical version with the commentary, where Terry Jones does talk about the pacing and which scenes have been moved.
Old 21st October 2011, 12:54 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
but the best way to find out is to watch both versions and then the theatrical version with the commentary, where Terry Jones does talk about the pacing and which scenes have been moved.
I would if the theatrical version was on there.

I've just been reading about the editing. Still not the UK theatrical version though on the Arrow dvd though. Only one ever passed by the BBFC for the cinema was the 107 min version, so in that respect, it's wrong to label the version on the dvd as the original UK theatrical version, no matter what Terry Jones would have done if he was originally allowed to edit it. Now I've got to find myself a copy of the UK theatrical version.

Old 21st October 2011, 09:19 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I would if the theatrical version was on there.

I've just been reading about the editing. Still not the UK theatrical version though on the Arrow dvd though. Only one ever passed by the BBFC for the cinema was the 107 min version, so in that respect, it's wrong to label the version on the dvd as the original UK theatrical version, no matter what Terry Jones would have done if he was originally allowed to edit it. Now I've got to find myself a copy of the UK theatrical version.

Apparently, the German, French, and Australian discs are longer at 99 minutes (PAL) but not the 107 minute version.
Old 22nd October 2011, 08:01 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecc View Post
Apparently, the German, French, and Australian discs are longer at 99 minutes (PAL) but not the 107 minute version.
The German discs all run 90 minutes, while the French and Australian releases have a running time of 99 respectively 100 minutes.

Greetings!
Old 3rd April 2012, 01:50 AM
Active Cultist

for stateside viewers with Netflix: MGM is streaming the 103 minute version.

Like this? Share it using the links below!