Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Dawn of the Dead (ArrowDrome) - Official Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/6523-dawn-dead-arrowdrome-official-thread.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 23rd August 2011 09:12 AM

Dawn of the Dead (ArrowDrome) - Official Thread

Dawn of the Dead (ArrowDrome)

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...compressed.jpg

As a blend of horror, action, tension, and humour, Dawn of the Dead stands in a class of its own as the only true zombie epic of all time.

A National Emergency grips the US as the zombie population grows at an alarming rate. Two S.W.A.T. officers, a helicopter pilot and his girlfriend escape the city and take refuge in an abandoned shopping mall after securing it following a series of flesh-shredding confrontations with the undead. Their survival is threatended when a band of looters leave a door open allowing the zombies access to the mall once more and a final stand-off for survival must play out.

With near unbearable tension throughout, George A. Romero’s Dawn of the Dead is a work of zombie film-making genius.

ARROWDROME IS A FLEAPIT SELECTED LIBRARY OF CULT FILMS; VIOLENT, HORRIFIC, SLEAZY, EXPLOITATIVE. TO EXPLORE STEP IN TO THE CULT ARENA! EVERY ARROWDROME RELEASE INCLUDES A REVERSIBLE SLEEVE OF ORIGINAL ARTWORK AND A COLLECTOR’S BOOKLET!

ALSO INCLUDES 2 AUDIO COMMENTARIES WITH GEORGE ROMERO, TOM SAVINI AND MORE + FOR EVERY NIGHT THERE IS A DAWN COLLECTOR’S BOOKLET’!

127 mins approx
Region 0 PAL
Available 3 October 2011
RRP £9.99

Splatterdragon73 23rd August 2011 10:42 AM

Not a bad cover imo but Arrow's multi-disc DVD and BR sets win hands down for me and i'm perfectly content with 'em.:)

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd August 2011 11:07 AM

As Splatterdragon says its ok. The top image just looks like people waiting in an airport for a 15 hour delayed flight.

Vampix 23rd August 2011 01:26 PM

Not too keen on the top image used for the cover, the zombies lunging through the elevator doors image would have been better.

Beyond72 23rd August 2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 176119)
Not too keen on the top image used for the cover, the zombies lunging through the elevator doors image would have been better.

I agree, but the designer probably wanted to use an "Original" image, some collectors will probably buy it just for that reason.

Rik 23rd August 2011 02:47 PM

As I've just said in the Day thread, even though I've only had the recent Arrow release about a month, I'll still pick this up too, it probably won't even get watched, purely for collection reasons (and to annoy my wife, "another DVD of that film, what's wrong with you man!")

The boat can leave now, tell the crew

Slippery Jack 23rd August 2011 03:39 PM

I'm glad the spines aren't numbered on these releases - there's already a bunch of titles I won't be rebuying . . . !

Baseball Fury 23rd August 2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 176159)
I'm glad the spines aren't numbered on these releases - there's already a bunch of titles I won't be rebuying . . . !

Definitely, there's only 3 that I want so far, which are TMWTSH, McBain and the other one! Not interested in Cheerleaders or the re-issues. I'd rather pick up House By The Cemetary in the white case!

Splatterdragon73 24th August 2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 176064)
The top image just looks like people waiting in an airport for a 15 hour delayed flight.

Well said and i like it!:lol:

Splatterdragon73 24th August 2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 176119)

You're right and said still would've definitely been the superior option for the top image imo too.:)