Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Deadly Blessing - Official Announcement (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/6565-deadly-blessing-official-announcement.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 26th August 2011 11:06 AM

Deadly Blessing - Official Announcement

Deadly Blessing DVD (Arrow Video)

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...-DVD-small.jpg

They’ll Build A Barn From Your Bones!

Wes Craven unearths the darkness that festers beneath an isolated community in Deadly Blessing, a rural tale of mistrust and bloody murder from the director of Last House on the Left.

When Martha marries into a close knit sect she finds herself shunned as an outsider by its fanatical members, but when her husband dies mysteriously while riding a tractor expressly forbidden as a tool of the devil, things take a darker turn. Marked as a incubus by her neighbours, time is running out for Martha and her visiting friends, as plagued by nightmares and fearing for their lives, they face the violent fury and retribution of old time religion.

One of Hollywood’s masters of terror presents a tale of rural horror and simmering evil from the golden age of video terror.

THIS EDITION CONTAINS
- Reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork by Rue Morgue art director Gary Pullin
- Double-sided fold-out artwork poster
- Collector’s booklet featuring brand new writing on the film by author and critic Kim Newman

DVD CONTAINS:
- Introduction by star Michael Berryman
- Craven Images: The Horror Hits of Michael Berryman (The Hills Have Eyes Series, Cut and Run, Weird Science) - An interview with Deadly Blessing’s iconic star
- Deadly Desires: An interview with screenwriter Glenn M. Benest
- Easter Eggs

Original art by Gary Pullin

98 mins approx
In original 1.78:1 Anamorphic Aspect Ratio
Original Mono 1.0 Audio
Region 2 PAL

RRP £15.99
Released 28th November

Sam@Cult Labs 26th August 2011 11:20 AM

Best tagline I've ever come up with. Got a little Amish/Witness reference in there.

Sarah@Cult Labs 26th August 2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam@Cult Labs (Post 176918)
Best tagline I've ever come up with. Got a little Amish/Witness reference in there.

I like the bit about a tractor expressly forbidden as a tool of the devil... :pound:

I really love this film and the Arrow artwork here is great IMO!

bachmann 26th August 2011 11:34 AM

Man i would love a Blu-ray of this :(

Sam@Cult Labs 26th August 2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 176920)
I

I really love this film and the Arrow artwork here is great IMO!

Definitely one of the strongest. Reminds me of some of the art I used to love in 2000AD comic.

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th August 2011 11:57 AM

That is an absolutely stunning piece of artwork.

:censored: gorgeous. Arrow's best imo.

I already have the last Arrow release of the film though, but the extras aren't good enough to make me want to double dip on the film which is probably a 5.5/10.

Calum 26th August 2011 12:04 PM

Just a little aside to say that the original theatrical trailer will also be present.

Love the art too.

darthelvis 26th August 2011 12:14 PM

Well chuffed Arrow are releasing this and the artwork is up there as one of your best so far!

dream demon 26th August 2011 12:15 PM

I just recently picked up the original Arrow release of this in their £2.99 sale, and really rather enjoyed it. Not wanting to give anything away, but I thought that some of the scenes definitely pointed the way to what was to come a little later in A Nightmare On Elm Street. I think I'll definitely be double-dipping on this one for the cover alone, although maybe not day one as there are just too many other great releases coming from Arrow later this year that I will want to pick up first. :clap:

Splatterdragon73 26th August 2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 176927)
That is an absolutely stunning piece of artwork.

Indeed it is and definitely one of the best (if not, the best imo.) yet to grace an Arrow title. Superb stuff!

Terrific tagline too, Sam.

I confess i've never been in a hurry to catch DB and so i've no knowledge if the film is any good or not. Maybe it's time to change that if not on the time of the DVD's release then perhaps sometime down the line.;)