Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Pieces – How You Discovered It (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/6588-pieces-%E2%80%93-how-you-discovered.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 31st August 2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 177845)

I wasn't aware of its existence until I announce it here and couldn't wait to watch it, something I've done at least three times!

You'll be glad of that then eh?

Seen PIECES years ago and loved it ever since!

Vampix 1st September 2011 02:44 AM

I'd heard about Pieces a lot over the years but never actually watched it until I got the Grindhouse double disc set.I'd have to put it in my list of top 10 guilty pleasures amongst stuff like Humanoids from the Deep, Basket Case, Burial Ground, etc. :D

Rotten 1st September 2011 03:50 AM

Bought it on a disc with 4 other movies from Woolworths for a pound.....loved it.......the other movies were terrible.......Axe, Sickle, etc....... but Pieces was stunning.

Splatterdragon73 1st September 2011 12:18 PM

Yours truly first saw Pieces back in the '90s via a questionable quality VHS bootleg copied from an uncut Aussie (i think!) tape. However, upon obtaining the Grindhouse Releasing DVD i swiftly sent the relevant video version packing.:)

wayfarer 2nd September 2011 10:27 AM

Despite my history with horror movies, I hadn't discovered this until the review disc plopped on to my door mat. It's the best slasher (correct term?) that I didn't see in the 80s. It really does deliver the ole phrase "It's so bad, it's good". I enjoyed it very much and that will come across in my review.

"Basterrrrrrrd!" :pound:

mlock76 13th January 2013 10:40 AM

I too only discovered it a couple years ago while searching for 80's slasher flix to um, *ahem* download *cough*. Hope I can say that word on this forum :blush: Anyway, upon rewatching that version of it, I did buy the Arrow dvd just this past summer. Now I wonder when the seemingly inevitable blu ray will come out? :doh: Honestly, it's well worth the double dip! :nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th January 2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlock76 (Post 311974)
I too only discovered it a couple years ago while searching for 80's slasher flix to um, *ahem* download *cough*. Hope I can say that word on this forum :blush:

As Cult Labs officially represents several distributors who wouldn't be happy with people talking about illegally downloading films, we don't allow any such discussions.

Buboven 13th January 2013 11:20 AM

Im afraid I don't like this enough to spend money on a dvd of it.

mlock76 13th January 2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 311980)
As Cult Labs officially represents several distributors who wouldn't be happy with people talking about illegally downloading films, we don't allow any such discussions.

My apologies. Won't happen again. :o I hope that you and they acknowledge that I did in fact end up buying their official release. And will happily do so again once the blu ray is announced.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th January 2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlock76 (Post 311996)
My apologies. Won't happen again. :o I hope that you and they acknowledge that I did in fact end up buying their official release. And will happily do so again once the blu ray is announced.

Yes, I did notice that and thought a friendly reminder of the rules would be better than an infraction. On a side note, Arrow is no longer one of the labels we officially represent but, nonetheless, those we do would take a dim view of piracy which is why Cult Labs has a zero tolerance policy.