Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th September 2011, 01:24 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Default Obsession - Official Announcement

Obsession DVD (ArrowDrome)

THE LOVE STORY THAT WILL SCARE THE LIFE OUT OF YOU

High melodrama, creeping insanity and barely contained delirium abound in this dizzying tribute to the high tension thrillers of Alfred Hitchcock from director Brian De Palma (Carrie, Scarface, Dressed to Kill)

Michael Courtland is a Southern gentleman who seems to have everything - A successful business, a beautiful wife and an adoring young daughter – until a botched kidnapping tears his world apart leaving him widowed, bereaved and bereft. Years later on a trip to Italy, he meets a woman with an uncanny resemblance to his late wife but all is not how it appears as a twisted conspiracy threatens to unhinge his mental shackles, sending him to the knife edge of MADNESS!

A master class in mounting unease and clammy palmed claustrophobia, Obsession is a classic 70s thriller with an evil twist that will leave you speechless.

ARROWDROME IS A FLEAPIT SELECTED LIBRARY OF CULT FILMS; VIOLENT, HORRIFIC, SLEAZY, EXPLOITATIVE. TO EXPLORE STEP IN TO THE CULT ARENA! EVERY ARROWDROME RELEASE INCLUDES A REVERSIBLE SLEEVE OF ORIGINAL ARTWORK AND A COLLECTOR’S BOOKLET!

ALSO INCLUDES INTERVIEWS WITH DIRECTOR BRIAN DE PALMA, STARS CLIFF ROBERTSON AND GENEVIEVE BUJOLD AND MORE, ORIGINAL TRAILER + A NEW BOOKLET BY AUTHOR BRAD STEVENS!

96 mins approx
English Language
English subtitles for the hard of hearing
RRP £9.99
Released 30 January 2012

You can Pre-Order Arrowdrome's Obsession here...

- Amazon

- HMV

- Play
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 13th January 2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old 30th September 2011, 02:29 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I imagine this is great news for those who haven't made the jump to Blu-ray yet. Also, I may end up buying this to keep my ArrowDrome collection going!
Old 4th October 2011, 10:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I imagine this is great news for those who haven't made the jump to Blu-ray yet. Also, I may end up buying this to keep my ArrowDrome collection going!
Shortage of extras... no buy.
Old 6th October 2011, 07:19 PM
Cultist

Hoo-Ray!!!! ArrowDrome is really coming along nicely
Old 7th October 2011, 11:21 AM
Cult Rookie

I'd love to see this (and have a Blu-ray player) but haven't yet ordered the (current) Blu-ray. Is the consensus that this is still likely to be the better bet - that the extras and the film quality make the Blu-ray worth the extra cost?

Last edited by TyneBridges; 7th October 2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 7th October 2011, 02:54 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyneBridges View Post
I'd love to see this (and have a Blu-ray player) but haven't yet ordered the Blu-ray. Is the consensus that this is still likely to be the better bet - that the extras and the film quality make the Blu-ray worth the extra cost?
I haven't seen Obsession on DVD, but Blu-ray has such great storage capacity that, whether it's a small or massive improvement, a BD will always have better picture and sound quality than a DVD.
Old 7th October 2011, 02:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Seen very few De Palma films aside from the obvious. Might give this one a go . . .
Old 7th October 2011, 03:04 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

If you are not sure about a film and you have the choice of buying the Arrow Video BD for around £19.99 or the ArrowDrome DVD for about £7.99, I'd go for the latter and, if you really like it, upgrade to the BD!
Old 7th October 2011, 04:07 PM
Cult Rookie

As I'm a DePalma fan and also think Bernard Herrmann was a great composer, I've ordered the Blu-ray anyway, along with a DVD of Body Double, which I've seen and enjoyed. I was confused initially by the fact that the Blu-ray of Obsession has come out before the DVD.

On further checking I see that the current Blu-ray and the DVD being released in December are from the same company, so it's unlikely that there'll be a cheaper Blu-ray edition, and there's only about £6 difference in the prices anyway.
Old 15th February 2012, 11:27 AM
Cult Rookie

I got the Obsession Blu-ray and have to admit I was disappointed in the film. The disc was OK (satisfactory picture and sound) but the whole thing looks dated and rather clumsy, and Herrmann's music comes across as heavy-handed. Not a patch on Carrie in any respect, and not as good as Body Double or Blowout.

Like this? Share it using the links below!