Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th November 2011, 02:26 PM
Cultist in Training

At the risk of alienating myself from the entire CL community, I've never seen a Henenlotter film (hides head in shame). I've got a copy of Brain Damage and am hoping to pick up a decent copy of Basket Case around Christmas, just never got round to watching them. Probably still get a copy of this, though - gotta start somewhere.
Old 27th November 2011, 10:04 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

I highly recommend Basket Case, as it's a true classic and the sequels aren't bad either.
Old 14th December 2011, 06:03 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTerror View Post
At the risk of alienating myself from the entire CL community, I've never seen a Henenlotter film (hides head in shame). I've got a copy of Brain Damage and am hoping to pick up a decent copy of Basket Case around Christmas, just never got round to watching them. Probably still get a copy of this, though - gotta start somewhere.

Brain Damage is my favourite of his. Big childhood memories from it and didn't disappoint when I eventually bought it on DVD. Would love to see a blu of Brain Damage.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 14th December 2011, 08:20 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
also can i just say, James Lorinz is the most hideously unused actor ever and this is probably his finest moment. no one mutters to themselves while working on insane diagrams and sticking drills in their head like james.
Only ever seen him in two other films - King of New York and Street Trash. Thought he absolutely stole Street Trash. Cannot wait to hear the commentary.
Old 21st December 2011, 10:28 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Nice job on that cover art there, I like it a lot. Actually an improvement over the original video cover art, which I liked also.
I remember really liking this movie back when it came out on video to rent. A wacky idea for a film, it's just a bit of fun really. A nice twist on the old Mary Shelly classic. lol
I haven't watched Frankenhooker for some years now, so I'm looking forward to seeing this one again.
James Lorinz was great in Street Trash too, I loved those scenes between his character and the Mafia boss. These two films are both much loved classics! =)
Old 2nd January 2012, 07:12 PM
Cultist in Training

Frankenhooker (1990) | Blu-ray Review | Horrorview.com

My brand new blog is now online:NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT
Old 2nd January 2012, 07:24 PM
Cultist in Training

My copy arrived on Friday, although I've been away from home for the past few days and didn't open the parcel until earlier today. This goes without saying (it is an Arrow Video release, after all), but the packaging is wonderful. I hope to watch the film tonight. This'll be my first time seeing it.
Old 3rd January 2012, 01:45 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
My copy arrived on Friday, although I've been away from home for the past few days and didn't open the parcel until earlier today. This goes without saying (it is an Arrow Video release, after all), but the packaging is wonderful. I hope to watch the film tonight. This'll be my first time seeing it.

You're in for a real treat dallywhitty!
Old 16th January 2012, 02:13 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I put my review up at the weekend: Frankenhooker Blu-ray Review

Like this? Share it using the links below!