Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Question about the upcoming Russ Meyer box (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/6903-question-about-upcoming-russ-meyer-box.html)

docvoltage 5th October 2011 02:16 AM

Question about the upcoming Russ Meyer box

Howdy !

The latest Arrow e-newsletter shows that a "new" Russ Meyer box is coming out. I searched but couldn't find any specs in the fora, nor discussion of it. I have the old box and was wondering if the transfers differ at all ? (I do know that there are one new movie and a booklet.)

Thanks and best regards,

--Volker

PaulD 5th October 2011 08:31 AM

The Russ Meyer Collection [19 Uplifting Classics + Russ Meyer Book] DVD

As far as I'm aware, and based on the info given from Arrow on facebook, it's exactly the same content, transfers etc, just with thte extra film and the book.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th October 2011 08:52 AM

I haven't seen Europe in the Raw (has it ever been released in the UK?) and reckon the booklet would be a good read.

PaulD 5th October 2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 187385)
and reckon the booklet would be a good read.

100 pages too apparently! I cancelled my order of the old boxset as it was taking too long with stocks being low/non-existent and will patiently wait for this instead.

docvoltage 5th October 2011 02:19 PM

I don't suppose one could buy the extra movie + book separately...or maybe win it as a comp (hint hint) ? If the transfers are the same, it's hard to justify buying the box again just to get those.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th October 2011 02:43 PM

That's a good point as I bought the 18 films separately, so don't have the cool box either.

I'll ask Arrow and see what they say.

plasterface 5th October 2011 06:29 PM

meyer

been meaning to get box set for a while glad i waited, meyer was a right dirty sod :pound:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th October 2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 187527)
been meaning to get box set for a while glad i waited, meyer was a right dirty sod :pound:

Meyer certainly liked big breasts, but he was also one hell of an editor and cameraman with a great sense of the surreal, strange and ludicrous.

plasterface 5th October 2011 07:59 PM

he had his knockers

he's a legend, and has made some great films but he's definatley a dirty git :pound: and theres nothing wrong with that

Sobral 5th October 2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docvoltage (Post 187441)
I don't suppose one could buy the extra movie + book separately...or maybe win it as a comp (hint hint) ? If the transfers are the same, it's hard to justify buying the box again just to get those.

Now that would a be a nice gesture towards the people like me who bought the first box...
I'd gladly buy the extra movie and book.