Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Maniac Cop - The Reviews (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/6985-maniac-cop-reviews.html)

Pete 14th October 2011 05:43 PM

Maniac Cop - The Reviews

Maniac Cop – Arrow Video (BluRay) – 10,000 Bullets

Pete 14th October 2011 08:39 PM

Maniac Cop - DVDActive/Reviews

bgart13 18th October 2011 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 190114)

...I was most pleased with the colour palette, which is strong and natural (more so than the US disc if the caps I've seen are any indication).

Uh, yeeeeah... :rolleyes:

Pete 18th October 2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgart13 (Post 190770)
...I was most pleased with the colour palette, which is strong and natural (more so than the US disc if the caps I've seen are any indication).

Uh, yeeeeah... :rolleyes:

Yeah what a **** he is - doesn't he realise that saying a Synapse release is inferior is against the law and - even worse - will anger the forums! :p

hallo37 18th October 2011 11:42 AM

Visually Arrow’s Blu-ray transfers have been a bit hit and miss, with the impressive titles overshadowed by a greater number of iffy discs. Too many of their releases have had the natural grain all-but eliminated by the overzealous use of DNR, and worse still the occasional title has then suffered the ignominy of having artificial grain foisted upon it to try and emulate the appearance of film.

What is this guy talking about?
I'm so glad he liked Maniac Cop though ;)

bgart13 18th October 2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 190804)
Yeah what a **** he is - doesn't he realise that saying a Synapse release is inferior is against the law and - even worse - will anger the forums! :p

My point was that the reviewer's comment doesn't make much sense, since the transfer was done by Don May. I'm no staunch defender of Stnapse whatsoever - I just thought it was a foolish comment. To me, if this is true, means Arrow pumped up the color artificially.

springjack 29th October 2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hallo37 (Post 190819)
What is this guy talking about?

The truth from a technical point of view... still, many people liked it this way.

the blob 29th October 2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgart13 (Post 190914)
My point was that the reviewer's comment doesn't make much sense, since the transfer was done by Don May. I'm no staunch defender of Stnapse whatsoever - I just thought it was a foolish comment. To me, if this is true, means Arrow pumped up the color artificially.

I have a feeling something else has been done to the Synapse one though. I think it was the 10000k bullets review that mentioned the Arrow also has more print damage. Strangely, they also preferred the Arrow colours. Could be that some more processing has gone on since the master on either or both. According to one review, Lustig doesn't think either is an accurate representation.

Pete 30th October 2011 11:43 PM

Home Cinema @ The Digital Fix - Maniac Cop

napalm-in-the-morning 31st October 2011 05:19 PM

Jonny's Cult Films: Maniac Cop-Blu Ray Review.