Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th October 2011, 04:46 PM
Cultist

Demons 1 & 2, nice. The Blu-rays shall be mine!
Old 29th October 2011, 05:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

just canceled my Demons I & II DVD preorder with HMV. Kinda felt wrong as they've been on there since the dawn of time!
Old 29th October 2011, 06:18 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I've never seen Red Scorpion; is it really that bad?
No, it's not bad at all. I don't think it's up there with Predator or Commando, but it's a fine addition to the series of action movies with a muscular lead actor which were so prevalent in the 1980s.

If you like Dolph Lundgren films or ones where the plot is almost secondary to the amount of gunfire, explosions and the body count, it's essential viewing!
Old 29th October 2011, 06:25 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
No, it's not bad at all. I don't think it's up there with Predator or Commando, but it's a fine addition to the series of action movies with a muscular lead actor which were so prevalent in the 1980s.

If you like Dolph Lundgren films or ones where the plot is almost secondary to the amount of gunfire, explosions and the body count, it's essential viewing!
I'm not big on '80s actioners; but I do like Masters of the Universe, so who knows?!
Old 30th October 2011, 10:39 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I don't think it's up there with Predator or Commando.
Imo there's no way RS is anywhere near as enjoyable as the above Arnie action classics. Peerless both of 'em!

Personally, i'll be giving Joe Zito's Lundgren outing a miss as the film never impressed me despite the Savini-supplied FX.

However, i'm most pleased about TDS although i don't like the cover and Wes Benscoter's U.S. DVD artwork is so much better. Arrow's release will also have to go some way to contend with Synapse's edition where bonus material is concerned too.

What with Frankenhooker, RS and TDS all being Synapse acquisitions in America, this just convinces me even more that the relevant Stateside label are working together with Arrow in one way or another. Too many similarities in the slate of titles coming out imo and i can't help suspecting Intruder is in there somewhere.

Penitentiary won't be a buy for me and i'll also wait and see what extras are on Arrowdrome's TCONT DVD before deciding to splash out the cash.

Fantastic news on the HD fate of the Demons duo though and bring on the pre-order option a.s.a.p. i say. My DVD advance purchases have been in since day one!

Last edited by Splatterdragon73; 31st October 2011 at 01:21 PM.
Old 31st October 2011, 01:55 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I've never seen Red Scorpion; is it really that bad?
It's one of the most awesome B-action flicks I have EVER seen!
Old 31st October 2011, 08:34 PM
Cultist

Can we please get a FULL uncut version of Red Scorpion? it seems impossible to find!!!
Old 31st October 2011, 11:47 PM
Cultist

FOUR blu announcements? Fantastic. Certainly after a couple of months without many releases.

Still, I guess these could be over a few months.
Old 1st November 2011, 12:37 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Will be purchasing both Demons blu's. Love the artwork on those.
Old 1st November 2011, 12:41 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I think I might be the one in for a lynching after you watch them, in the case of Cool As Ice anyway.
It surely can't be as bad as Band of the Hand? Now there's a really bad 80's film right there. It's truly awful. Utterly appalling. I like it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!