Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Please rethink your cover design! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/7093-please-rethink-your-cover-design.html)

Playzocker 31st October 2011 01:59 PM

Please rethink your cover design!

Now that Demons got delayed again and is also coming to Blu-ray ... I'd like to ask kindly to please rethink the cover design for both movies.

I really like the artwork itself but PLEASE go with white slipcases like with ALL the other Arrow releases as well!

In my opinion, Arrow is one of the most awesome collections of films worldwide - not just because you release great films but also because you keep great continuity by releasing all films the exact same way. A giga-box like "Battle Royale" is a welcome exception but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a huge problem with a label that is known for releasing white cases/designs for over 40 (!!) films by now suddenly goes for a black design for two titles.

Please, please rethink this!

Prince_Vajda 31st October 2011 02:11 PM

Tastes differ, but I think the suggested artworks look absolutely excellent - the black front panels are real stunners. :nod:

However, I know where you're coming from. Two black spines right in the middle of a collection of about twenty white Blu-ray slipcovers...hm, a bit strange indeed. :loco:

Greetings!

PS:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playzocker (Post 194242)
A giga-box like "Battle Royale" is a welcome exception but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a huge problem with a label that is known for releasing white cases/designs for over 40 (!!) films by now suddenly goes for a black design for two titles.

You've got a point there! Consistency counts, at least in my book.

Baseball Fury 31st October 2011 02:32 PM

I agree with this 100%

Pete 31st October 2011 03:02 PM

The black cover is much, much better than the white and suits DEMONS perfectly.

(and don't forget, DEMONS was announced way before most of Arrow's other releases ;))

gummysubstance 31st October 2011 03:25 PM

a special black for two special films no?

Gojirosan 31st October 2011 03:47 PM

I'm not sure I see why it matters.

Is it important that companies release things in thematically linked covers?

Playzocker 31st October 2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 194244)
Tastes differ, but I think the suggested artworks look absolutely excellent - the black front panels are real stunners. :nod:

I agree with this. The covers look absolutely fine, I really like them. The only problem for me is that they don't fit in the collection if they're not white.

I know that people who only buy a few Arrow Video releases won't get my point because they might have about 10 releases thus far and the difference won't stand out that much. I have all 42 films and then it does matter. ;)

BTW: I've added a poll to the thread. :D Please vote for your favorite color.

Gojirosan 31st October 2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playzocker (Post 194269)
The only problem for me is that they don't fit in the collection if they're not white.

Ah. You see, I don't understand this or why it is an issue. I shall stay out of it now. :)

Prince_Vajda 31st October 2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 194268)
I'm not sure I see why it matters.

Is it important that companies release things in thematically linked covers?

If it is a signature feature of a company, I'd say theoretically yes. Arrow Video is associated with white boxes, so the two movies will stick out of the collection - which will either be considered a nice thing or some sort of a menace. ;)

I'd suggest black front covers with a classic white spine for both Demons, although I'd prefer a pink panel. :lol:

Greetings!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playzocker (Post 194269)
I know that people who only buy a few Arrow Video releases won't get my point because they might have about 10 releases thus far and the difference won't stand out that much. I have all 42 films and then it does matter.* ;)

* I have 33 Arrow releases, but two black Demons would not upset me. But I really would prefer a white spine!

Baseball Fury 31st October 2011 03:55 PM

People would moan if Shameless suddenly did a random green cover, and for me, it's the same thing.

I'm not saying I don't like them, I just think they will look weird on the shelf