Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st November 2011, 10:09 AM
Ex-Member

Default LoveFilm

I recently subscribed to lovefilm. I subscribed to the higher price package which means I can watch films from lovefilm on my ps3. This is saving me lots of money. I recently watched Island of Death for the first time. It was a dull movie for me, so I certianly saved money. I also watched Bare Behind Bars, which is what the title suggests. I know the qaulity isn't HD, but I didn't know if the films on lovefilm are from arrows stock or are uncut. I couldn't tell if IOD was cut. I've yet to watch ZFE. There are also a host of shameless titles but you can't watch them now, you have to add the titles to your list to rent by post.
There isn't much on the site for people who want new releases but for me finding 'oasis of the zombies' and macabre I was in my element.

What are your thoughts on lovefilm?
Old 1st November 2011, 10:35 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

ISLAND OF DEATH is fully uncut

I use LoveFilm too, never used to when I was living in London but with a young baby and being 15 miles from the nearest decent cinema, LoveFilm is the only way we can keep up with the newer films. My only gripes with the service are the total lack of any new titles from Universal Pictures and no new Blu-rays from Fox. apart from that its good and a reliable system. We probably get through three or four films in a week.

As for renting older films? Forget it! If something older piques my interest I'll buy it, simple as that.
Baseball Fury likes this.
Old 1st November 2011, 11:05 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I use LoveFilm for the exact same reasons as Paul. A young baby and living in a village means that I never really get to the cinema anymore, so buying older films and renting new ones is how I keep up to date.

Also, I use the LF service to rent videogames, as I can no longer justify buying as many as i used to, especially now that my free time is pretty slim!
Paul@TheOverlook likes this.
Old 1st November 2011, 11:14 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I don't rent games - I bought two during the whole of last year (Red Dead Redemption and Dead Rising 2) and have not played either in months and months. I haven't bought one game this year! I probably own around 30 PS3 games and I can probably count those that I have clocked on one hand!

I love games but just do not have the time to play them anymore.
Old 1st November 2011, 11:40 AM
Ex-Member

I don't rent games either. With two baby daughters and being a stay at home dad time is limited. As for the older films, well there free to watch so I wouldn't dream of buying them unless they were amazing films. But there is a huge back cat of films 'free to watch' to get through so I won't be buying any for a while which should save me some money.
Old 1st November 2011, 12:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

aye, my recent splurge on lovefilm convinced me of its benefits...though cant reconcile that you thought IOD was "dull"...it may move at a stately pace but dull it isnt (especially if you saw the safe one.....) JMO! (just my opinion)
Old 1st November 2011, 12:54 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I've started using LoveFilm this year, and like others have stated above it's a great way of watching new films if you can't get to the cinema (or don't want to pay extortionate cinema prices!).

It also prevents the need for blind-buys of films I'm 'on the fence' about, plus is a great way of watching films I don't necessarily want to buy.
Old 1st November 2011, 04:09 PM
Cultist

I havent used it yet, the Swedish lovefilm site sucks, they only have movies that are released in Sweden(which is basically only hollywood movies and Swedish comedies), and you pay for each movie instead of paying a monthly fee, and i dont watch hollywood movies or Swedish comedies at all, so this is really pointless for me. And then i prefer to watch my movies on my 40 inch 1080p Full HD telly, imagine watching Suspiria on a computer screen, it wouldnt be much left.
Old 1st November 2011, 06:19 PM
Ex-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
aye, my recent splurge on lovefilm convinced me of its benefits...though cant reconcile that you thought IOD was "dull"...it may move at a stately pace but dull it isnt (especially if you saw the safe one.....) JMO! (just my opinion)
Sorry dude. I really wanted to like Island of Death. Was about to buy it and then saw it. I felt the pace was slow and when the deaths started, although they were shocking the film still seemed to drag along that when the end came it felt like forever. When the main dude said who he was (not to spoil for those who havent seen it), it was expected and another quick shock. It was more shocking than Oasis of Fear, but not as good for me. Some of the shocking moments did make me laugh. I'm not sure if that was meant to be, but it was a saving grace. JMO too.
Old 1st November 2011, 10:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I've been with Love Film for years, I'm even still on the old package of four discs at once and as many as I can go through. For new films their great, I live in the middle of nowhere but work in York and my partner hates horror, except bloody Twilight! Is that even horror? For newer editions of previously released discs Love Film aren't always the best, for example they don't stock Arrows editions of Island Of Death and The Beyond. Love Film has saved me spending thousands of pounds on what would have been terrible purchases, the same old problem of 'ohh that sounds good or vaguely intresting' only to be bitterly disapointed.

I wouldn't be without Love Film!

Like this? Share it using the links below!