Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Poll: The best of Wes
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
The best of Wes

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th November 2011, 11:40 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Yours truly may be wrong but didn't Craven also direct the '78 TV effort Summer Of Fear starring Linda Blair and issued on pre-cert VHS by Brent Walker video?
Old 20th November 2011, 11:42 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I must be the only one who didn't like Red Eye.

I felt sorry for Cillian Murphy as he stumbled through what must be one of the worst scripts every written.

The anti-climactic ending was the final nail in the coffin of this dull and forgettable film.
The central idea was a very good one, but a script needs more than just a good idea, it has to hold the attention for 90+ minutes. Many films have good ideas that are poorly written.
Old 9th July 2012, 01:05 AM
Cult Rookie

I decided to cast a sympathy vote for hills have eyes 2 as i don't think there's a lot of love for it out there. watched it as a kid, before the original, and loved it! but i can understand why people haven't taken to it. loved the original vhs artwork. almost voted for chiller as it's a fave too but was surprised no-one picked it! only seen it twice but really enjoyed it! loved nightmare on elm street, last house, people under the stairs, scream 1 & 4 too, though!
Old 4th December 2012, 05:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

My top 3

NOES
Deadly Blessing - underrated in my opinion. Love some of the imagery in this one.
People Under The Stairs
Old 4th December 2012, 08:08 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
Yours truly may be wrong but didn't Craven also direct the '78 TV effort Summer Of Fear starring Linda Blair and issued on pre-cert VHS by Brent Walker video?
I Believe that Summer of Fear was AKA Stranger in Our House.

I Voted for Stranger in Our House, Deadly Friend, Nightmare on Elm St, Cursed, Red Eye and Hills have Eyes part 2. - i too prefer the original movies...

I Really didn't care for Deadly Blessing at all when i watched it... maybe i wasn't in the right mood for it at the time, - the same goes for Serpent and the Rainbow... don't think i even finished that one... maybe i should try again sometime. i did enjoy The People Under The Stairs, however.

I'm quite a fan of craven, i watched Last House on The Left (original) the other night and enjoyed it, but it's not one of my favorites... i know they really shouldn't be compared... (but i can't help it).... i found I Spit On Your Grave to be a superior movie... the comedy aspect of Last House didn't appeal to me at all. Still a great movie tho...

JL
Old 4th December 2012, 08:12 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie_leigh44 View Post
the comedy aspect of Last House didn't appeal to me at all. Still a great movie tho...
JL
Totally agree about that. I also find it oddly jarring and even if this is the intention it's to the detriment to the film.
jamie_leigh44 likes this.
Old 4th December 2012, 08:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I watched I Walked With a Zombie recently and I wanted to see Serpent and the Rainbow again - anyone know if the UK Universal DVD is worth a shot ?
Old 4th December 2012, 08:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I watched I Walked With a Zombie recently and I wanted to see Serpent and the Rainbow again - anyone know if the UK Universal DVD is worth a shot ?
That's the one I have, bought it years ago for a few quid so I expect it to be really cheap nowadays, nothing in way of extras mind but the print looks good to me
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 4th December 2012, 08:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
That's the one I have, bought it years ago for a few quid so I expect it to be really cheap nowadays, nothing in way of extras mind but the print looks good to me
i concur with Rik,according to Rewind theirs a minor cut

Quote:
R2 United Kingdom- Universal Pictures - Cut (93:47 mins - PAL) - 5s of cuts required to sight of real animal cruelty (cock fighting) in accordance with the Cinematograph Films (Animals) Act 1937
Wes likes this.
Old 4th December 2012, 08:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
That's good enough for me Rik, thanks ! I always find Bill Pullman a bit of a damp squib but I remember really enjoying Craven's film. That whole subject of voodoo is fascinating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
i concur with Rik,according to Rewind theirs a minor cut
Thank for that Vic, this is one cut I could live with, you've seen one cockfight, you've seen 'em all...
Rik likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!