Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th December 2011, 10:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default CAPTAIN KRONOS from Arrow?

Thanks to Mykol at AVM, this slipped out today:

Exclusive: Caroline Munro on the ‘Captain Kronos' Blu-ray and ‘Maniac' Remake - FEARnet

Earlier this week I had the pleasure of speaking with the radiant Caroline Munro, star of such genre films as The Golden Voyage of Sinbad, The Spy Who Loved Me and of course the horror favorites Maniac and Captain Kronos – Vampire Hunter. The latter is my favorite of all the Hammer movies, and Munro's gypsy girl Carla is my favorite of the Hammer heroines; so needless to say I was thrilled to hear from Munro herself that Kronos is finally coming to Blu-ray in the UK.

Munro remarked that she did the audio commentary for the Captain Kronos Blu-ray "about six weeks ago."

"Myself; [writer-director] Brian Clemens; Shane Briant, who played Lady Durward's son; John Carson, who played Dr. Marcus; and Ian Wilson, the cinematographer – we were all there and talking as we watched the film. All of us hadn't seen the film in some time, so it came as a delight to see it again. And to see it through fresh eyes. I think it still holds up today."

"I actually didn't see [the new transfer], because they didn't have it at that time. We were working to an old print. I'd be fascinated to see it, because I bet it's rather good. I suppose it'll be out in the New Year, maybe spring time or something. Arrow Films is doing it, and it's in conjunction with the new Hammer."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I do hope it's Arrow Films or Academy, and not Arrow Video. No offense, but all Hammer Films titles deserve more than the Arrow Video treatment.
Old 7th December 2011, 11:07 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

That's a bit weird seeing as Icon just released the DVD?
Old 8th December 2011, 01:12 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I thought it was owned by Paramount, maybe its just in the States though.

Considering Icon's dvd mess when they released it in the UK in October, it does seem odd that Arrow hold its rights as well.

Looking on the web, there has been no other mention of it apart from Caroline, she may have got it mixed up.

Here's hoping for a brand new Arrow Academy transfer though.
Old 8th December 2011, 02:50 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Sounds like good news, but I don't think Captain Kronos would fit into the Arrow Academy sub-label. Sorry, but it has to be Arrow Video, with four nice panels in a white slipcase, and a great two-sided poster!

Arrow Video would be the right place for all Hammer classics!

Greetings!
Old 8th December 2011, 02:56 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'm afraid Captain Kronos isn't being released by Arrow. Would have been nice if it were true, but alas, unfortunately not.
Old 9th December 2011, 12:18 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I'm afraid Captain Kronos isn't being released by Arrow. Would have been nice if it were true, but alas, unfortunately not.
Any idea who is releasing it?
Old 9th December 2011, 03:25 AM
Cult Acolyte

Perhaps it's Hammer themselves, as I heard they were preparing DVD releases of The Satanic Rites of Dracula & Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell.A BD release of Captain Kronos may be on the cards as well, you never know.
Old 9th December 2011, 05:25 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

No idea I'm afraid, but since it was released on dvd by Icon in September, it could be them. Pure speculation of course.
Old 9th December 2011, 11:14 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I'd expect it to be Icon. Can't really see them signing a license that allows someone else to release it a sort time after they've released a DVD. They've released plenty of BD's up to now but I just hope they don't drop the ball with this. I'm suspecting they'll be doing the rumoured Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell one as well seeing as they released all of the other old DD Hammer titles.
Old 9th December 2011, 12:29 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Caroline talking nonsense again.
Daemonia and Prince_Vajda like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!