Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   1st Arrow Film (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/7362-1st-arrow-film.html)

Bringer Of Funerals 13th December 2011 02:04 PM

1st Arrow Film

This is just a quick question but you can discuss at length here.

What was your 1st Arrow buy and how did you discover them

Mine was CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD and it was in HMV. So with all the freeby's we get in them it was an impulse buy and since then ive been collecting them

Prince_Vajda 13th December 2011 02:16 PM

My first Arrow Video release?

:peep: :behindsofa:

The Caligula Blu-ray.

I was deliberately searching for an uncut copy of this flick... :o :smokin:

Greetings!

Roughale 13th December 2011 02:54 PM

My first was Dawn of the Dead, probably together with Day and a lot of stuff followed pretty quickly, I just love the design and I am filling my gaps with the Arrow BDs with the help of Kyle's competitions :loco:

Baseball Fury 13th December 2011 03:20 PM

Dawn Of The Dead on BD for me after reading about it in Home Cinema Choice magazine! Followed by Day Of The Dead BD, Martin DVD and then Inferno BD. Every BD since Inferno has been pre-ordered :blush:

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th December 2011 03:34 PM

Orloff against the Invisible Man.

Way before the white box line of films.

Hammer time 13th December 2011 03:44 PM

The 2002 dvd of terror at the opera

Hawkmonger 13th December 2011 05:06 PM

Cat'o'nine tails. I was looking for a decent mystery movie in HMV and the staff highly recommended it. The last three months I have lost a small fortune!!!!

PaulD 13th December 2011 05:07 PM

Mine was Inferno, a birthday present I asked for from my better half. After that I bought all of the Argento dvd-only releases (Opera, Sleepless etc) as I was in the process of getting a bluray player.

Susan Foreman 13th December 2011 07:57 PM

Back in the day, 'Arrow Films' meant nothing to me, but trawling around the charity shops in Portsmouth (circa 2008) I saw a copy of Jess Franco's "Female Vampire" for £1.99. I used to have a copy of this film on VHS, so I got it for old times sake

Time passed, and I thought no more of 'Arrow Films' until I saw an advert for the 30th anniversary edition of 'City of the Living Dead' somewhere. I knew of Lucio, and had a hideously cut version of the film on another label (which I won't mention here, but I'm sure you can guess who I am on about!)

However, because of the cult nature of the film, and the fact that it was a notorious Video Nasty, I thought the chances of finding it in a high street shop were zero, and that it would only be available on-line. (I DO NOT do internet shopping!). So, you can imagine my surprise and delight when I saw the DVD in the Crawley branch of HMV, and I got it there and then

dream demon 13th December 2011 07:58 PM

Mine was Day Of The Dead, quickly followed by Inferno. I think I just stumbled across them by accident on Amazon about a year ago and have never looked back. :)