Old 5th October 2010, 07:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

i've never seen it but i've always wanted to
Old 5th October 2010, 08:52 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Now's your chance mate-Arrow's version is definitive.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 7th January 2011, 01:29 PM
Cult Acolyte

Finally picked this one up the other day and watched it last night. It definitely is a film that improves on repeated viewings.

Looking at the clips on the Romero documentary really does show how good Arrow's presentation of this film is.

Good feature on the making of..., plus one of Rick's best covers. Excellent.
Old 4th March 2011, 05:52 PM
Active Cultist

Just been reading the mayhem that is The Beyond thread and noticed someone mention that something was wrong with some of the Martin discs? I got my copy for Christmas but haven't watched it yet. What it exactly could be wrong with it?
Old 4th March 2011, 06:01 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertzombie View Post
Just been reading the mayhem that is The Beyond thread and noticed someone mention that something was wrong with some of the Martin discs? I got my copy for Christmas but haven't watched it yet. What it exactly could be wrong with it?
Basically, some discs had a synchronisation problem on the 4:3 version of the film when using the 5.1 track in which the sound and visuals can be up to 15 seconds apart. You can tell right at the beginning when the conductor yells 'All aboard' but I would be very surprised if there were still discs with this issue in stores only a few months ago.
Old 6th March 2011, 01:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

I had one of the defective Martin discs, but I didn't pay for mine, I won it in an Arrow competition.I contacted Arrow about sending me a corrected DVD and they did.That's what I call A1 customer service! I do buy Arrow releases too, before anyone asks.
Old 27th March 2011, 10:56 PM
Cultist in Training

just checked mine after reading this and its one of the OOS disk. time to contact arrow
Old 29th March 2011, 01:13 PM
Cultist in Training

Ah.. Wish I would've read all this before ordering. O well, hopefully mine will be correct.. im already waiting on a replacement the beyond blu. Nice to see no one had issues with replacements at least.
Old 29th March 2011, 02:06 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbi3v1ru5 View Post
Ah.. Wish I would've read all this before ordering. O well, hopefully mine will be correct.. im already waiting on a replacement the beyond blu. Nice to see no one had issues with replacements at least.
I had my copy since its release date. I just never checked out the full screen version till I read this. well all good arrow replied monday morning and my disk is in the post
Old 29th March 2011, 02:17 PM
Cultist in Training

Excellent horror. I mean that you're getting a speedy replacement. Im thinking by now, i'll probably get a proper version the first go around. Either way, arrow seems to be taking care of business.

Like this? Share it using the links below!