Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th March 2011, 02:26 PM
Cultist in Training

I'd say so allright. its being out with a while likely all that batch are sold out by now
Old 29th March 2011, 07:52 PM
Cultist in Training

If not, i'd be the one to get that last copy. Ha. It'll be all good. Between arrow and blue underground, i'm quickly running out of free time.

Thanks for letting me know you got it at release though. Makes it less likely for sure.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 29th March 2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Merged because there were two posts in as many minutes
Old 29th March 2011, 07:58 PM
Cultist in Training

yup going getting few BU titles this week.
Old 21st June 2011, 01:41 PM
Cultist

I seem to remember (at least I think I do) seeing something about this coming out on bluray in the past. It was in Empire at some point I think. Did anything ever happen with that or was it just a rumour?
Old 21st June 2011, 01:50 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It was probably just a rumour as the film was shot on Super 16 and I don't believe there are good enough source materials for a HD transfer.

I may be wrong as The Evil Dead was also shot on Super 16 and that looks superb on Blu-ray.
Old 21st June 2011, 05:25 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It was probably just a rumour as the film was shot on Super 16 and I don't believe there are good enough source materials for a HD transfer.

I may be wrong as The Evil Dead was also shot on Super 16 and that looks superb on Blu-ray.
Both films were shot on 16mm (as opposed to Super 16), and even so that would have nothing to do with its being suitable for a Blu-ray - the resolution of 16mm film is still greater than HD. The original TCM is another example of a great 16mm BD transfer.

My guess would be the rights holders just haven't made an HD master available yet.
Old 21st June 2011, 05:49 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilJames View Post
Both films were shot on 16mm (as opposed to Super 16), and even so that would have nothing to do with its being suitable for a Blu-ray - the resolution of 16mm film is still greater than HD. The original TCM is another example of a great 16mm BD transfer.
I realised that not long after I submitted the post but was in the middle of writing something and got sidetracked so clean forgot to go back and edit my post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilJames View Post
My guess would be the rights holders just haven't made an HD master available yet.
Unless the source material is badly damaged or in poor condition, that must be the only reason. Martin is a great film and I'd love to see it given the same treatment as The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and The Evil Dead BDs (in the case of Raimi's film, ideally like the US 2-disc Limited Edition release).
Old 21st June 2011, 07:11 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I can remember Almar stating on Martin's release that the materials available to Arrow at the time were not suitable for a HD release.

It was originally intended to the release both a DVD and Blu-Ray version; I think even certain e-tailers had the Blu up for pre-order for a while.
Old 5th July 2011, 10:13 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

I'd like to see Martin in HD as much as the next fan and i think if such a release ever does make an appearance it'll surely be on Stateside shores first.

Like this? Share it using the links below!