Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Any plans for a Strike Commando boxset? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/7698-any-plans-strike-commando-boxset.html)

Hawkmonger 17th January 2012 06:40 AM

Any plans for a Strike Commando boxset?

After the two already existing Arrowdrome boxsets turned out so well, I was thinking these ugly little pieces of awesome action romping and it's sequels would make a perfect trilogy Pack forvArrowdrome Action.
Anyone else want this?

Scyther 17th January 2012 12:53 PM

I support this endeavor. :) Reb Brown!

Splatterdragon73 17th January 2012 01:17 PM

Count me in too!:nod:

Never seen the sequel but the original SC was an amusing watch imo with a memorable explosive exit for one character in the final reel if i recall rightly.:)

Pete 17th January 2012 02:07 PM

I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE a STRIKE COMMANDO box or, even better, a box with all of Mattei's action movies!

Pete 17th January 2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 209978)
Count me in too!:nod:

Never seen the sequel but the original SC was an amusing watch imo with a memorable explosive exit for one character in the final reel if i recall rightly.:)

Haha yes! Reb Brown sticks a grenade in the Russian guy's mouth and catches his metal teeth when he explodes and says 'Russian dentists sure make the best dentures!' and then as the credits roll he says 'Any relation to anyone alive or dead..especially dead haha is purely accidental. Yeah, real accidental, like one in a million' :D (I could be slightly wrong there as it's a while since I've seen it)

I love STRIKE COMMANDO.

Red doesn't return for Part 2 (though he is in Mattei's PREDATOR knockoff ROBOWAR) instead Brent Huff takes the role and is joined by Richard Harris! It's not as good as the first but still a lot of fun.

Gojirosan 17th January 2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 209983)
Mattei's PREDATOR knockoff

This is something of which I think any decent person would have informed me! :lol:

MUST SEE!

Pete 17th January 2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 209987)
This is something of which I think any decent person would have informed me! :lol:

MUST SEE!

It's great, the 'Predator' is played by Claudio Fragasso!

ROBOWAR trailer - YouTube

He also ripped off Aliens (with a touch of Terminator) in Shocking Dark, which was released in Italy as Terminator 2!:lol:

Terminator 2 - Shocking Dark - YouTube

Hawkmonger 17th January 2012 03:49 PM

Reb Brown is nothing short of a god. One need only watch Space Mutiny on MST3K to see why.
Personaly I always found Robowar to be a bit slow and stupid, but i would gobble up an Arrowdrome release in a flash.
Shocking dark is kinda cool though, some interesting effects.
Dont like Mattei himself though, guy seem'd a bit of a jeryk (no dissrespect intended to the dead).:fear:

Scyther 17th January 2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 209982)
I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE a STRIKE COMMANDO box or, even better, a box with all of Mattei's action movies!

ROBOWAR, indeed! Do want! :rockon:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th January 2012 05:30 PM

Yep,I'd have these.:nod: