Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Dolph Lundgren: Real Life Action Man (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/7712-dolph-lundgren-real-life-action-man.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 18th January 2012 04:09 PM

Dolph Lundgren: Real Life Action Man

5 Attachment(s)
Dolph Lundgren...what a guy.

With that Swedish accent, blond hair and huge muscles, ol' Dolphy became a huge action icon of the 1980s and stared in many fantastic films, from A View To A Kill, Rocky IV, Men Of War and of course Red Scorpion.

But what do you think of him? Are you a fan?

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw...xbero1_500.jpg

----------------------

Red Scorpion is out on the 6th of Feb on Blu-Ray and can be pre-ordered here.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th January 2012 06:05 PM

Yeah I don't mind big Dolph,but he pales in comparison to Arnie,Sly and Statham.

Better than Jeannie Van Dome and Steven Seagullet (Though not his earlier stuff)

Rocky IV would have been so much better without Ms Plastic fantastic Nielsen....

I'm afraid for my husband's life. We have threats of violence everywhere. You call him a killer. He is a professional fighter... not a killer. You have this belief that you are better than us. You have this belief that this country is so very good, and we are so very bad. :pound:

No, Eevan is naturally trained. Like your Popeye. He ate his spinach every day. :pound:

Rassilon 18th January 2012 07:22 PM

I grew up loving He-Man and he was He-Man. Loved Universal Solider. Have never seen red scorpion so will be looking forward to it. 80's did have some great action flicks with actions stars, rather than normal people in extreme situations. Kinda like rock music of the 80's, Def Leppard and Metallica were rockstars, and then Kurt Cobain was a great musician thrust into a rockstar life.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th January 2012 07:25 PM

Yeah I liked Universal Soldier as well.

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th January 2012 09:18 PM

Definatly a fan of The Austrian Oak, no wait that's not right, The Muscles From Brussels? Still not right! Does Dolph actually have a nickname? Unlike some other action stars of a bygone age, I think Dolph Lundgren has constantly delivered the goods, even with his DTV offerings. Some of my favourites from the big chaps portfolio are....

ROCKY IV
SHOWDOWN IN LITTLE TOKYO
DARK ANGEL (aka I COME IN PEACE)
THE PUNISHER
COMMAND PERFORMANCE
RED SCORPION
UNIVERSAL SOLDIER
MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
THE MECHANIK

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th January 2012 07:26 PM

The Swedish Spruce? :lol:

Jox 20th January 2012 10:41 AM

Dolph is the Giant Swede (or "Dolphy" in France).
The guy may have missed his shot at superstardom but he's worked hard to keep his career and resurrect it since his directorial debuts 7 years ago. He's a very likable, educated and thoughtful man not to mention all his accomplishments.

Somebody mentioned Statham, who is he, a shaved bully?

Eeeper 16th February 2012 06:39 PM

Yeah, I like Dolph. Looking at the interview with him on the RS blu ray, he comes across as a nice guy, smart actor and decent director. It's just a shame that his career didn't go the places that the other guys did.

And for the record, I'm a lifelong He-Man fan. If Warner said tomorrow that they were releasing MOTU on blu ray, I'd be there. As a matter of fact, myself and a mate are going to watch MOTU tonight!

Man At Arms: HE-MAN! VICTORY!

He-Man: *sighs*...Victory.

Rik 16th February 2012 06:47 PM

You're all right comparing him to trees because he is probably the most wooden actor ever :behindsofa:

Drakie79 24th February 2012 02:45 PM

He went out with Grace Jones didnt he....must be pretty tough? lol