Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree323Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th February 2012, 06:24 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Shame Arrow have been made to do this as it will affect sales for them, in what's clearly a highly anticipated release. Still, can't be helped
Old 24th February 2012, 06:42 PM
Cult Rookie

What's worse is that Demons 1 & 2 had already been announced as region free and were listed as such on Arrow's web site.
Old 24th February 2012, 06:49 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombi3 View Post
What's worse is that Demons 1 & 2 had already been announced as region free and were listed as such on Arrow's web site.
The perils of making announcement's so far in advance I guess. It is a real shame for people locked to Region A. The Arrow catalogue also stated that The Bird With The Crystal Plummage would be in 2.35:1 before it was realised it would be the Univisium format so I guess things are always subject to change
Old 24th February 2012, 10:41 PM
Cult Rookie

Another thing to know is that a recent interview with an Arrow Rep (can't find the link but it's out there) stated that most future releases will be Region Locked B and that they recommend we all get a Region-Free player. Though I believe the interview did say Demons would be Region-Free if I recall but I could be wrong on that. Oh well, Arrow was nice while it lasted for me.
Old 25th February 2012, 12:18 AM
Seasoned Cultist

It just means the rightsholders are hoping/working for a US release. It isn't Arrow's fault.
Old 25th February 2012, 01:35 AM
Cult Rookie

I have to say I'm disappointed with the news. I had my copies pre-ordered and everything...
#1 WEE MAN FAN
http://mtrodaba2468.dvdaf.com
Old 27th February 2012, 09:06 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Just had word from Arrow that the release date for this is moving to 30/4/2012.
Old 27th February 2012, 09:36 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Can´t say I´m surprised about a another delay since Demons seems almost cursed to be pushed forward again and again

Oh well, I hope it won´t be delayed again beyond that.
Old 27th February 2012, 09:42 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'm prepared to wait a few weeks longer if it means the packages (along with Demons 2, The Wild Geese and Who Dares Wins) will have every little bit of supplementary material, problem-free picture and sound quality and are basically the definitive releases.
Old 27th February 2012, 01:42 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioFulci View Post
but it's goodnight from me...

That's ridiculous. Arrow should be commended for both keeping up with the times and for the loving attention they give their releases. Not wanting bluray is kind of like bemoaning Sony for release PS3 because you're still in love with your PS1. Times move on and technology improves. I think the Arrow BDs are a beautiful thing. Bluray players are pretty cheap these days - or you could get a PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Sarah explained earlier that it doesn't sound like we are gonna get a 5.1 mix at all. I had the same issue with Tenebrae and therefore didn't buy it, looks like I won't be buying Demons either which is a great shame cos' I love Arrow product, they just aren't providing me (and some others) with the audio options, that are clearly out there. I know the purists like their mono uncompressed original audio, but there are some of us out here that like a choice.

The flack I got for requesting alternate audio is what stopped me carrying on being an active poster on Cult-Labs for ages!
You're willing to offer criticism regarding audio but you don't like to receive it?

Welcome back, Sargento, and don't worry about trolls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakihara View Post
Another thing to know is that a recent interview with an Arrow Rep (can't find the link but it's out there) stated that most future releases will be Region Locked B and that they recommend we all get a Region-Free player. Though I believe the interview did say Demons would be Region-Free if I recall but I could be wrong on that. Oh well, Arrow was nice while it lasted for me.
http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arro...tml#post220057

"The monster was the best friend I ever had" - Boris Karloff.

Like this? Share it using the links below!