Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree323Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th February 2012, 06:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Thanks Culture Vulture .. it is nice to read these forums ..

Anyway, back to the blu ... I think Arrow always deserve the credit for being up front and honest with their customers. Other distributors - take note!

If the blu can't be all region, so be it, at least Arrow tried
Old 3rd March 2012, 04:22 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Thanks Culture Vulture .. it is nice to read these forums ..

Anyway, back to the blu ... I think Arrow always deserve the credit for being up front and honest with their customers. Other distributors - take note!

If the blu can't be all region, so be it, at least Arrow tried
Well, that's kinda sugar-coating things. The reality is that Arrow teased people and led many of us on into thinking it would be Region-Free. There are a lot of people rightfully disappointed in this announcement and hopefully next time Arrow will wait until they're 100% certain before making any premature announcements about a release being Region-Free. Very disappointed in Arrow for this.
Old 3rd March 2012, 07:45 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakihara View Post
Well, that's kinda sugar-coating things. The reality is that Arrow teased people and led many of us on into thinking it would be Region-Free. There are a lot of people rightfully disappointed in this announcement and hopefully next time Arrow will wait until they're 100% certain before making any premature announcements about a release being Region-Free. Very disappointed in Arrow for this.
When they were initially announced, ALL Arrow releases were region free, and as far as they were concerned, there was no need to think these wouldn't be either. Arrow will be disappointed they've been forced to lock these (and future titles) to Region B. They know they'll be losing a good few overseas sales from now on, but their hands are tied. If you want to blame someone, blame the greedy licensors of the world, who by demanding that a country region locks a title, they can sell it to the US etc, and get even more money.
Old 3rd March 2012, 08:47 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
What's your problem?

Both Demons and Demons 2 haven't been released yet. Changes are normal and acceptable until the final release date.

I'm sure that Arrow would have loved to release both titles as region free Blu-rays - as quite a few US customers won't be able to buy the release now.
But this place is the wrong address for your complaints. If you want to bad-mouth somebody, talk to the licensor!*

Greetings!

* Although it's pretty common (and not forbidden) to region-lock releases. Money makes the world go round, unfortunately.
Old 3rd March 2012, 11:02 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
That's not fair at all! How many other distributors treat their fans as well as Arrow do? With posts like yours, don't be surprised if every decision they make in future was done behind closed doors without fan input.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs and Rik like this.
Old 3rd March 2012, 11:45 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
That's not fair at all! How many other distributors treat their fans as well as Arrow do? With posts like yours, don't be surprised if every decision they make in future was done behind closed doors without fan input.
Agreed, its not Arrows fault at all. I wouldn't blame BU if they lock their releases to A just as I didn't blame Lionsgate for locking the recent Evil Dead 2 BD, which had already shipped before I could cancel it meaning I have a useless disc sat on my shelve waiting until I buy a multi-region player.
I don't know any other companies that cater for, and listen to the input of, fans like Arrow and Shameless do. Clearly they are going to lose sales because of this so to think they would do this on purpose is plain daft
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd March 2012, 01:33 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'd like to add more, but the posts above pretty much cover everything I have to say on the matter. I didn't find out why Synapse had to region code Intruder or why Criterion will only release R1 DVDs and Region A BDs, just guessing it's conditions of the licence and buying them with that in mind.

Am I happy? No. Will I raise hell on the Criterion twitter feed? No.
Old 3rd March 2012, 04:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

In addition to the points raised above,

with region free blu-ray players on the market at £50 each is there any need for anyone to still be encumbered by region coding anyway?
dream demon likes this.
Old 3rd March 2012, 04:34 PM
Cult Addict

I have an all region player, so it's no bother to me what so ever.

DVD and BD collection
Old 3rd March 2012, 05:20 PM
Cult Rookie

Sorry for the complaint, guys. I guess I was just mouthing off, internet-style and not thinking things through here. My apologies. I understand the issue and was just venting. Arrow clearly stands to lose with this and it is out of their hands now.
Sargento, PaulD and Hawkmonger like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!