Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree323Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th May 2012, 07:35 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Apologies if this has been mentioned earlier, but Bobby Rhodes will be at the Camden film fair, at the Electric Ballroom on 26th May.
"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 7th May 2012, 07:48 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Alright, there is another patch with the stereo mix about 1h02min into the movie, and it lasts all the way through the fight on the dirtbike, up until the scene change at about 1h14min where it goes back to the mono mix.

This is pretty annoying since the English stereo track sounds so much better with all the stereo/surround FX :-(

Can't believe noone else have noticed this.
Watch the movie with the surround mode on and you can't miss it.
Old 7th May 2012, 08:05 PM
Seasoned Cultist

There was one last patch of stereo after the helicopter chrashed, but it only lasted for a few seconds.

I wonder why Arrow didn´t downmix the stereo part into mono, as it wouldn´t have been so jarring when it cuts back and forth between them.

Btw, just checked some of the italian track, and DAMN does it sound great
Much punchier, and the surround FX, like the scene at the beginning when we hear Soavis footsteps in the back speakers, are VERY effective. Also noticed some changes with the music, as we get the Scorpions song "Dynamite" instead during the first demon attack when everyone is running to the exit

Last edited by Steel76; 7th May 2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 8th May 2012, 08:56 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Just watched part 2. The PQ was even better on this one, with better blacklevels and colors

Though, sadly, the movie have gotten even worse since I last saw it 10-12 years ago.

Still fun to own on BD though
Old 8th May 2012, 01:10 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
Though, sadly, the movie have gotten even worse since I last saw it 10-12 years ago.
For some reason, I almost like it better than the first one. I love the scene when the party guests transform into Demons to "Rain" by The Cult. Probably one of the greatest moments in (Italian) Horror film history for me
Old 8th May 2012, 01:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist

It does have some really cool scenes in it, like the Demon coming out of the TV. But from around the part when the small Demon muppet shows up, the movie derails for me

Sadly the characters in part two is pretty boring and annoying.
And what´s up with the punks in the car, that doesn´t have anything to add to the movie. They just crashes with the kids parents car, and then are gone from the rest of the film. It would make more sence if they actually encounters some demons, or had something important to add to the plot.
Feels like they just wanted to add another car with punks in the movie, since the once in the original was so popular.
The movie just have too many random scenes in it.

I would have loved if the movie was more like the one showing on the TV:s, with a post-apocalypse world overrun by demons or something like that
Pete likes this.
Old 8th May 2012, 04:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I need to stay out of this thread, it's making the wait unbearable!
Old 8th May 2012, 04:35 PM
Ex-member

have yet to receive my DEMONS 1/2 bds until end of May, delayed again
meanwhile have most of a so called critic review on dvdtimes site and he's calling the classic DEMONS with silly gore to the next, and other stupid remarks
my guess he's not into Italian horror, let alone horror judging by the dumb review in general
didn't see anything about 'end of first half' or stereo to mono mix in audio and picture review
he probably fell asleep and not bothered...
Old 8th May 2012, 07:37 PM
Cult Rookie

Image quality seems to depend on what your set up is in your house with your eyes. Granted I only have a 42 inch led screen but I remember buying BU's city of the living dead and inferno , after reading about the "faults" on ARROW's and sorry, I didn't notice a single bit of difference. Maybe if I was sittting with my eyes an inch from the screen I would have , but who does that????

Count me as one truly looking forward to these films HBTC included. Kudos ARROW almost always gets a WOW mark in my book
Old 9th May 2012, 11:43 PM
Active Cultist

Did a steelbook review of my own, if anyone's interested.

A truncated version should also be appearing on Amazon soonish.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs and zane like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!