LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd May 2012, 02:35 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakie79 View Post
Just feels as though the producers of the discs want you to go out and buy the steel tin in the interim. Its me stating that the wait just is not worth it, cynical I admit, not an over-reaction though; just airing my disappointment.
That's one hell of an overreaction. The limited edition BDs have been delayed by a fortnight because of a problem with the printers, not because of some high-level conspiracy at Arrow Video, desperate to sell more Steelbooks or dual format units.

If you feel you can't wait an extra fortnight for the BD, that's your prerogative, but please don't claim the delay has anything to do with a sinister conspiracy.
Steel76, oaxaca and LoBo like this.
Old 3rd May 2012, 04:35 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
That's one hell of an overreaction. The limited edition BDs have been delayed by a fortnight because of a problem with the printers, not because of some high-level conspiracy at Arrow Video, desperate to sell more Steelbooks or dual format units.

If you feel you can't wait an extra fortnight for the BD, that's your prerogative, but please don't claim the delay has anything to do with a sinister conspiracy.
Funnily enough, I was in HMV the other day inquiring about when the limted editions were being released. After I was told they'd been put back, a strange bearded figure wearing sunglasses and a trenchcoat appeared from a darkened corner, holding a copy of the steelbook. It was almost as if he'd been waiting there....

"No need to wait for the Ltd Ed's Sir, we have this beautiful shiny steelbook that will accomodate all your Demons needs and it's available now.. and will also save you money if you want both films...", he said in a deep husky voice as if he were trying to mask his true identity.

I replied, "You wouldn't happen to be Fran from Arrow would you?" and suddenly he threw down the steelbook and darted out of the store at lightning speed, paying no mind to the numerous people he bowled over in the process. Very suspicious.
Daemonia, Pete, Kyle and 4 others like this.
Old 3rd May 2012, 05:18 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakie79 View Post
Just feels as though the producers of the discs want you to go out and buy the steel tin in the interim. Its me stating that the wait just is not worth it, cynical I admit, not an over-reaction though; just airing my disappointment.
So if that's the case and Arrow are at the madam,why have they delayed House By The Cemetery?

Seems like the slipcase could be the problem right enough.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 3rd May 2012, 05:24 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
Funnily enough, I was in HMV the other day inquiring about when the limted editions were being released. After I was told they'd been put back, a strange bearded figure wearing sunglasses and a trenchcoat appeared from a darkened corner, holding a copy of the steelbook. It was almost as if he'd been waiting there....

"No need to wait for the Ltd Ed's Sir, we have this beautiful shiny steelbook that will accomodate all your Demons needs and it's available now.. and will also save you money if you want both films...", he said in a deep husky voice as if he were trying to mask his true identity.

I replied, "You wouldn't happen to be Fran from Arrow would you?" and suddenly he threw down the steelbook and darted out of the store at lightning speed, paying no mind to the numerous people he bowled over in the process. Very suspicious.
That's one of the genetically engineered Kim Newman clones. Most of the bigger HMV stores has one languishing in a stock room ready to be the voice of reason when one of us fanboys kicks off about something
Daemonia and Pete like this.
Old 3rd May 2012, 05:35 PM
Ex-member

just got another 3 emails telling me DEMONS, DEMONS 2 and HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY blu rays have been delayed/put back again...
whats the problem Arrow?
Old 3rd May 2012, 06:02 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Also, I have it on good authority that the "Titles going OOP" thread is a tissue of lies fabricated by Sarah in order to instill a frenzy of panic-buying. The truth is out there!
Old 3rd May 2012, 07:28 PM
Cult Rookie

Received both Amazon Delay messages this morning, being in the ol US of A the delay is going to be even greater:

Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Asia Argento, et al "Demons 2 [Blu-ray] [1986]"
Estimated arrival date: May 28 2012 - June 01 2012
Old 3rd May 2012, 08:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

As a future idea for steelbooks, instead of a movie still for the inside of the steelbook, Arrow should put an original poster.

As an example for Demons, If you put the two original posters in the inside of the steel, each on one side, it would have been great.

Try this for every steelbook release... and when we have only one movie, just put the poster on the left panel, and a alternate poster or a movie still on the right panel.
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

As for the blu-ray, both features have great picture quality.

It is odd to listen to the English US dub after listening to the Euro English dub for twenty something years.

Also, I was switching from English to Italian, and vice versa, and noticed that the songs donĀ“t have the same order from one soundtrack to another.

As for the main menu of Demons, the looping of the footage to include the Demon jumping to us could be done way better. The Demon is not fully cut and integrated with background.
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:22 PM
Cult Acolyte

I've already got Demons 1 & 2 and House by the Cemetery on quality DVDs; I really couldn't be bothered how long the delay for the Arrow BDs is.As long as they eventually come out and they're done right, I'll be more than happy.

Like this? Share it using the links below!