Like Tree84Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th January 2012, 12:30 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Default Arrow Video Spring 2012 Preview

The House by the Cemetery (Arrow Video) Limited Edition Blu-ray

You may have just mortgaged your life!

Shock gore master Lucio Fulci’s The House by the Cemetery is one of the finest typically single-minded exercises in zombie terror. Its just a shame no-one told the Boyle family who move into a gothic style house (by a cemetery) with a bloody past and a guts spraying future, what is yet to come! You’d think they’d twig given the basement door is nailed shut that they should get the hell out. Instead they stay long enough to discover their zombified non rent-paying lodger, the cellar-dwelling, flesh-hungry Dr Freudstein and boy is he pissed!

THIS EDITION CONTAINS
- Reversible sleeve with 3 original poster artworks and newly commissioned artwork cover
- Double-sided fold-out artwork poster
- Collector’s booklet featuring writing on the film by author Calum Waddell
BLU-RAY CONTAINS:
- Brand new High Definition restoration from the original negative presented totally uncut
- Optional English subtitles for both the English and Italian audio tracks
SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Audio commentary with star Catriona MacColl, moderated by Calum Waddell
- Audio commentary with co-star Silvia Collatina, moderated by Mike Baronas of Paura Productions
- Introduction to the film by star Giovanni Frezza
- Back to the Cellar: Interview with star Giovanni Frezza
- Cemetery Woman: Interview with star Catriona MacColl
- Freudstein's Follies: Interview with special effects artist Giannetto De Rossi
- Wax Mask – Finishing the Final Fulci: Interview with Sergio Stivaletti about his completion of Wax Mask after Fulci’s passing
- Women of Italian Horror: Featuring Silvia Collatina (The House by the Cemetery), Stefania Casini (Suspiria/ Bloodstained Shadow) and Barbara Magnolfi (Suspiria/ The Sister Of Ursula)
- House by the Cemetery Onstage Q&A Cast Reunion: Live from the Horrorhound convention, Indianapolis, March 2011: Featuring Catriona MacColl, Giovanni Frezza, Silvia Collatina, Carlo DeMejo and Dagmar Lassander.
- Italian Trailer Compilation: Twenty cult trailers from the golden age of Italian cult cinema including several rare previews from the resume of the late, great Lucio Fulci each prefigured by a written introduction.
- The Italian Master of Splatter Featurette
- Deleted scene
- Trailers
- TV Spot
- Easter eggs

Artwork by Rick Melton

Original Aspect Ratio 2.35:1
Region ABC
RRP £24.99
Released 07/05/12

Forbidden Zone (Arrow Video) Limited Edition Blu-ray

Step into The Forbidden Zone, a bizarro world of frog butlers, topless princesses, machine-gun toting teachers, eccentric dwarves, their demonic wives, and the Devil himself (Danny Elfman). You’ve never seen anything like it...!

Check your basement. Is there door to the 6th Dimension there? If so, you’re going on a wild ride into excess as you join Frenchy and Rene in a land of musical madness, despotic queens and strange frog man-servants.

If you’ve tired of Rocky Horror and had enough of Hedwig, it’s time discover The Forbidden Zone, a demented tribute to the hot jazz and dark glamour of a lost age, featuring new wave pop music and Cab Calloway-style insanity, filtered through the mind of a maniac!

THIS EDITION CONTAINS
- Reversible sleeve with 3 original poster artworks and newly commissioned artwork cover
- Double-sided fold-out artwork poster
- Collector’s booklet featuring writing on the film by critic David Hayles
BLU-RAY CONTAINS:
- Brand new High Definition restoration of the Black and White and Colour versions of the film
- Optional 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio / LPCM Uncompressed Mono Audio
- Optional English SDH subtitles
SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Audio commentary with director Richard Elfman and writer-actor Matthew Bright
- A Look into Forbidden Zone – extensive behind the scenes documentary featuring interviews and archive footage, including scenes from Elfman’s lost film The Hercules Family
- Two complete scenes from The Hercules Family
- Outtakes
- Deleted Scenes
- Oingo Boingo Music Video Private Life
- Original Theatrical Trailer

Artwork by Jeff Zornow

Original Aspect Ratio 1.78:1
Region ABC
RRP £24.99
Released 07/05/12

King of New York

WHERE "SCARFACE" LEFT OFF... "KING OF NEW YORK" BEGINS

Christopher Walken is out of prison and back on the dirty streets of New York as convicted drug lord Frank White in a pitch black 90s crime classic from the magnificently disreputable Abel Ferrara (Driller Killer, Ms.45).

White returns to his old patch to finds it in disarray as the parasites that moved in to capture his business don’t share in the same Robin Hood spirit. Soon he’s violently taking out the competition, stealing their stashes and turning a healthy profit on the gear, putting it towards building a new South Bronx hospital.

But you can’t make an omelette without breaking some heads. As the street killings rise and the corrupt cops close in, White’s crazed mix of criminal psychosis and heartfelt charity threatens to tear apart everything he’s fought so hard to build...

SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Collector’s booklet featuring writing on the film by Brad Stevens, author of Abel Ferrara: The Moral Vision
- High Definition Blu-ray and Standard Definition DVD Presentation of the film
- Optional 5.1 / 2.0 Stereo Audio [DTS-HD Master Audio on the Blu-ray] TBC
- Audio commentary with director Abel Ferrara
- Audio commentary with composer Joe Delia, producer Mary Kane, casting director Randy Sabusawa and editor Anthony Redman
- Brand new interview with director Abel Ferrara TBC
- Interview with producer Augusto Caminito
- Abel Ferrara: Not Guilty: Documentary on Abel Ferrara from the French TV show Cinéastes de Notre Temps
- A Short Film about the Long Career of Abel Ferrara: This documentary looks at Abel Ferrara’s career including interviews with his key collaborators

BD+DVD
Cat# FCD621
Barcode: 5027035007885
RRP £19.99

SteelBook BD+DVD
Cat# FCD622
Barcode: 5027035007892
RRP £24.99

Cert: 18
Aspect Ratio – 1.78:1
Audio – 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio / 2.0 Stereo Audio TBC
Language - English
Subtitles- English SDH
Region – B/2

Last edited by Sarah@Cult Labs; 3rd April 2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 27th January 2012, 12:33 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

King of New York is a fantastic film and the steel packaging looks great!!! A little disappointed that the steel book is not Demons though.
Old 27th January 2012, 12:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Thank you Sarah for the great news!!!
Old 27th January 2012, 12:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

wish house was the steely!
Forbidden zone looks interesting.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 27th January 2012, 12:41 PM
Cult Rookie

Great releases, cant wait.
Old 27th January 2012, 12:54 PM
Cultist

Very cool Steelbook design there!

I'd like to clarify - the best steelbooks around are pure art only. Company logos and especially ratings advice logos are on cardboard sleeves that wrap around the steel and can be removed.

Will this be the case with the Arrow steelbook? It would be a shame if the ratings logo was part of the print. I can live either way (I'll be picking this up for sure) but many of the rabid steelbook collectors only buy them if they are logo-free.
Stephen@Cult Labs and Rhodes like this.
Old 27th January 2012, 01:15 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec View Post
Very cool Steelbook design there!

I'd like to clarify - the best steelbooks around are pure art only. Company logos and especially ratings advice logos are on cardboard sleeves that wrap around the steel and can be removed.

Will this be the case with the Arrow steelbook? It would be a shame if the ratings logo was part of the print. I can live either way (I'll be picking this up for sure) but many of the rabid steelbook collectors only buy them if they are logo-free.
I've already whinged about the unwritten rules of the steelbook but all I know so far is that the Blu banner at the top is a removeable sticker, it's a start in the right direction but I feel the logos are printed on the steel.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 27th January 2012, 01:18 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
I've already whinged about the unwritten rules of the steelbook but all I know so far is that the Blu banner at the top is a removeable sticker, it's a start in the right direction but I feel the logos are printed on the steel.
Now that's bean counting, innit?

Greetings!
Old 27th January 2012, 01:19 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Aaah, okay. Like I said it won't hold me back in the slightest, but it may for others. Plus ratings just look ugly

My steel of The Adventures of Madame Blanc-Sec is an eyesore!
Old 27th January 2012, 01:22 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec View Post
Aaah, okay. Like I said it won't hold me back in the slightest, but it may for others. Plus ratings just look ugly

My steel of The Adventures of Madame Blanc-Sec is an eyesore!
Eugh! That's that nasty Stickerbook one isn't it? I was going to buy it as a blind buy (as I heard good things) until I realised it was a Stickerbook.

Stickerbook = A plain blank Steelbook with a sticker of the art and specs etc. stuck on top of it.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html

Like this? Share it using the links below!