Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree128Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th May 2012, 11:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

So, the transfer is not on a par with Arrow's The Beyond Blu-ray?
Old 11th May 2012, 05:22 AM
Active Cultist

cheers Stephen I will order it this weekend
Old 11th May 2012, 06:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

After a long "House By The Cemetery" marathon, where I watch both the Blue Underground and the Arrow release to better compare both releases I have to say:

- While both prints appear to be sourced from the same masters, there are some differences, but on the whole, both prints are quite similar
- Arrow edition has the title in Italian, in white lettering, while Blue Underground has the title in English, in clear redish tint.
- Like City of the Living Dead, Arrow has more compression artifacts than the Blue Underground print.
- More digital noise on Arrow´s part or more DNR on Blue Underground´s part? I sure don´t know, but while similar, Blue Underground has the best print overall.
- Both editions have plenty and excellent extras.
- While I can be somehow critical about the image, I don´t have means to deeply review the audio of both editions, but overall they both seem fine.

- The DVD copy that is included in Arrow´s unlimited edition is sourced from the same master that is used for the blu-ray and it shows. Compared with their first DVD edition (one of the first three releases from this company), it has more brightness, more image information, and a different color timing. Some of this works in favour for the new DVD edition and some don´t.

As a side note, the Q & A is way too loo (not Arrow´s fault) and it should have included subtitles.

On the whole, one edition will not replace the other, instead, for the true fan, they complement each other.

Last edited by springjack; 11th May 2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11th May 2012, 09:02 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
- More digital noise on Arrow´s part or more DNR on Blue Underground´s part? I sure don´t know, but while similar, Blue Underground has the best print overall.
Well,I'm sure punters will decide for themselves.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 11th May 2012, 09:04 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
After a long "House By The Cemetery" marathon, where I watch both the Blue Underground and the Arrow release to better compare both releases I have to say:

- While both prints appear to be sourced from the same masters, there are some differences, but on the whole, both prints are quite similar
- Arrow edition has the title in Italian, in white lettering, while Blue Underground has the title in English, in clear redish tint.
- Like City of the Living Dead, Arrow has more compression artifacts than the Blue Underground print.
- Both editions have plenty and excellent extras.
- While I can be somehow critical about the image, I don´t have means to deeply review the audio of both editions, but overall they both seem fine.

- The DVD copy that is included in Arrow´s unlimited edition is sourced from the same master that is used for the blu-ray and it shows. Compared with their first DVD edition (one of the first three releases from this company), it has more brightness, more image information, and a different color timing. Some of this works in favour for the new DVD edition and some don´t.

As a side note, the Q & A is way too loo (not Arrow´s fault) and it should have included subtitles.

On the whole, one edition will not replace the other, instead, for the true fan, they complement each other.

Glad to hear Arrow's release holds up. Can't wait for my pre-order to drop through the letterbox!
Old 11th May 2012, 09:04 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

My dual format hit the mat today!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th May 2012, 12:22 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Well,I'm sure punters will decide for themselves.
Just my opinion...
Old 12th May 2012, 04:10 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
My dual format hit the mat today!
So, has this actually been released yet? It's just that my Limited Edition is still awaiting stock allocation at HMV and Amazon has the release date as 21st May.
Old 12th May 2012, 04:12 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream demon View Post
So, has this actually been released yet? It's just that my Limited Edition is still awaiting stock allocation at HMV and Amazon has the release date as 21st May.

The Limited Edition was delayed due to the printers messing up the slipcase but the Dual Format Unlimited version came out on Monday.
Old 14th May 2012, 02:27 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Just seen this on Arrow Video's Facebook:

Quote:
Unfortunately we have bad news on this gloomy Monday. The Limited Edition House by the Cemetery was incorrectly packed by our manufacturer meaning that they put the wrong DVD disc inside the package and we are having to recall the stock and have it re-packed. This will have a knock on effect on the release date, meaning it will now arrive on June 4th, hopefully earlier. We're absolutely furious with our manufacturer after the slipbox printing problems so we're going to seriously kick their asses about this. Please accept our sincerest apologies and hope you will bear with us.

Like this? Share it using the links below!