Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree128Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th August 2012, 05:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
What? Yeah everyone knows about the weird digital "grain" on it, but the pics you posted were a hundred times worse that .
Dunno Stephen mate ... i have never seen a blu ray like it ... 'high definition' not this .. the DVD upscaling is soooo much better. It'll be on ebay later.

Won't pre-order any more until i read feedback from guys on here. Apparantly a better encoding/authoring company has been used for ZFE ... thank the lord! I do av that on pre-order tho lol
Old 10th August 2012, 06:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Update ...

... got an email, Arrow have looked at my blu ray disk. They have told me this is how it's supposed to look!
So, they actually agree that it look like shit and accept it. It's good to know how much they value a good transfer.
No pre-orders on Arrow BDs for me.
Sargento likes this.
Old 10th August 2012, 06:03 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I REALLY hope they don´t **** up the ZFE disc with such bad encoding etc.
Cause if they do, I also give up on Arrow when it comes to these italian discs.
Go for the Blue-Underground disc of HBTC, as the encoding is way better on that one.
robertzombie likes this.
Old 10th August 2012, 06:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
I REALLY hope they don´t **** up the ZFE disc with such bad encoding etc.
Cause if they do, I also give up on Arrow when it comes to these italian discs.
Go for the Blue-Underground disc of HBTC, as the encoding is way better on that one.
I'm also worried for the Lady Snowblood films as i really want the steelbook. But who knows maybe it will look awesome... but probably not
Steel76 likes this.
Old 10th August 2012, 06:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I hope i haven't stired up a hornets nest .. not my intention. However Arrow do need to hear disgruntled buyers. They can afford to lose their fanbase.
Old 10th August 2012, 07:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I hope i haven't stired up a hornets nest .. not my intention. However Arrow do need to hear disgruntled buyers. They can afford to lose their fanbase.
You haven't. Everyone with good taste for blu-rays is always very selective what releases they buy. And with a company like Arrow who has released lots of mediocre releases you have to be extra careful and wait for the reviews and stills. They are not reliable like Criterion or Masters of Cinema you know
Old 10th August 2012, 07:38 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

They've just admited that the people used, for the trouble discs were awful. They've said that its a different place doing ZFE (hopefully the same ones who did Demons). They know there's a problem. They won't let ZFE turn out like Tenebre. I'm pretty certain on that!
Old 10th August 2012, 08:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
They've just admited that the people used, for the trouble discs were awful. They've said that its a different place doing ZFE (hopefully the same ones who did Demons). They know there's a problem. They won't let ZFE turn out like Tenebre. I'm pretty certain on that!
Its kinda what they said in my email ... same Italian company doing ZFE so fingers crossed. If Arrow were and are aware there is a problem with HbtC they should pull it from sale and do something about it. It really stinks. And they are the distributor who 'listens to the fans ...'

Hmmmm
Old 10th August 2012, 10:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

I can't be arsed with the limited edition release of Arrow's ZFE, I'll wait for their general Blu-ray release and check out the reviews before laying out for it.As long as it has the same extras as the ltd edition, I can live without the slipcase, poster and artwork options.
Old 11th August 2012, 07:31 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Its kinda what they said in my email ... same Italian company doing ZFE so fingers crossed. If Arrow were and are aware there is a problem with HbtC they should pull it from sale and do something about it. It really stinks. And they are the distributor who 'listens to the fans ...'

Hmmmm
Thb, if they were going to do something, I'd rather it was done with Tenebre. I think that looks worse! But if they were, it would've happened by now i'm afraid.

Like this? Share it using the links below!