Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

View Poll Results: Should Arrow do a Blu-ray SteelBook for Demons 1 and 2 double pack?
Yes 87 79.09%
No 23 20.91%
Voters: 110. This poll is closed

Like Tree134Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 19th March 2012, 07:28 AM
Cult Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Middlesex
Default

Maybe we haven't heard back from Arrow yet because they're seeing if they can find a cost-effective way of getting the comic book included with the steelbook release?
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 19th March 2012, 07:48 AM
PaulD's Avatar
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Newcastle, UK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
And yeah, the Day of the Dead comic doesn't fit in a slipcase
Apologies, I meant steelbook here of course, not slipcase. I'm not sure what wonder of physics springjack achieved when he said he could get a comic to fit inside but it definitely won't. So what should Arrow do? Snip off the top and bottom of the comic so it fits? Spend more time and money putting in a download code? Delay the release again so a brand new steelbook exclusive can be printed? I swear, I hope they don't see this thread. If they do they'll wonder why they bother.
loki666 and Prince_Vajda like this.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 19th March 2012, 09:28 AM
Cult Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Apologies, I meant steelbook here of course, not slipcase. I'm not sure what wonder of physics springjack achieved when he said he could get a comic to fit inside but it definitely won't. So what should Arrow do? Snip off the top and bottom of the comic so it fits? Spend more time and money putting in a download code? Delay the release again so a brand new steelbook exclusive can be printed? I swear, I hope they don't see this thread. If they do they'll wonder why they bother.

I really don't see how much time or money a slip of paper the size of a fortune cookie would be. I think that's quite the exaggeration to be honest. This is an official arrow forum is it not, I may not agree with everything said here but I believe the reason we have a steel book is because of this forum.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 19th March 2012, 09:39 AM
Cult Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default

Just want to add, that my decision has been set for weeks and I vist this forum because I'm f'n EXCITED for this release. This is supposed to be fun!
Sarah@Cult Labs, loki666 and PaulD like this.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 19th March 2012, 11:06 AM
Nagaman's Avatar
Cultist
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Guernsey, C.I.
Default

Personally, I'm not particularly bothered about the comics or whether these films are released 'Slipcased' (with comics) or as a combined 'Steelbook'...
I'm just bloody happy that these films are finally being released!!!...and can't wait until the end of April... but you know what...
If there was only one release I'd have to buy whatever that was but, as there is a choice, I will be buying the Slipcased versions (which means I will get the comics) and, as a collector, I see the steelbook as an additional special release to the slipcased versions - so, I'm going to buy that too!
Hell, I might even buy the dvd releases too, just to keep my Arrow collection complete!
Sarah@Cult Labs and Gojirosan like this.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 19th March 2012, 11:11 AM
Sarah@Cult Labs's Avatar
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Liverpool
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Although Arrow do read this forum, they don't have time to trawl through every thread and so most of what they read is information sent by me which they get in a nice long email once a week. We have to take a selection of topics and can't always include everything so some things take more time than others to get to Arrow.

Similarly, Arrow are very busy and so they can only reply quickly to things they have a ready answer to so some answers take longer to come than others.

So if everyone could stop getting their knickers in a twist when they don't get a reply within ten minutes it'd be much appreciated.

Quite frankly, if I were one of the guys from Arrow reading this, I'd wonder why I was bothering at all since it strikes me as a hell of a lot of stress. But they are bothering so they clearly have more patience than I do.

Arrow have said that the comics, booklets, posters, discs, family hatchback and small dog cannot all be included in the steelbook so that's pretty much that. They don't just make things up for the hell of it. I will, of course, be forwarding suggestions for alternatives (such as a digital download option) to Arrow but they are very busy and may not be able to give me or Kyle and answer in the next five minutes so it'd be much appreciated if everyone would hold off with the repetitive conspiracy theories and demands for a bit. They're not helpful and they just clog up the thread, making it difficult for me, Kyle and Arrow to find the genuinely useful suggestions. I'm not telling you not to express your opinions, but once they've been expressed repeating, them every five minutes isn't particularly helpful.

Considered, thoughtful and constructive ideas and feedback will, of course, always be appreciated.
__________________

Last edited by Sarah@Cult Labs; 19th March 2012 at 11:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 19th March 2012, 11:50 AM
Gojirosan's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Liverpool, UK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
So if everyone could stop getting their knickers in a twist
Dear Lord, I laughed! I haven't heard that expression in years!
Sarah@Cult Labs likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 19th March 2012, 12:02 PM
Zombie Dude's Avatar
Seasoned Cultist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
Although Arrow do read this forum, they don't have time to trawl through every thread and so most of what they read is information sent by me which they get in a nice long email once a week. We have to take a selection of topics and can't always include everything so some things take more time than others to get to Arrow.

Similarly, Arrow are very busy and so they can only reply quickly to things they have a ready answer to so some answers take longer to come than others.

So if everyone could stop getting their knickers in a twist when they don't get a reply within ten minutes it'd be much appreciated.

Quite frankly, if I were one of the guys from Arrow reading this, I'd wonder why I was bothering at all since it strikes me as a hell of a lot of stress. But they are bothering so they clearly have more patience than I do.

Arrow have said that the comics, booklets, posters, discs, family hatchback and small dog cannot all be included in the steelbook so that's pretty much that. They don't just make things up for the hell of it. I will, of course, be forwarding suggestions for alternatives (such as a digital download option) to Arrow but they are very busy and may not be able to give me or Kyle and answer in the next five minutes so it'd be much appreciated if everyone would hold off with the repetitive conspiracy theories and demands for a bit. They're not helpful and they just clog up the thread, making it difficult for me, Kyle and Arrow to find the genuinely useful suggestions. I'm not telling you not to express your opinions, but once they've been expressed repeating, them every five minutes isn't particularly helpful.

Considered, thoughtful and constructive ideas and feedback will, of course, always be appreciated.
Thanks for the feedback. It's good to finally hear that our ideas are being taken into consideration.

As for the repetitiveness of this thread, well it seems that some people here like to jump on their band wagon of defense when someone suggests that Arrow could try a little harder to make some of their editions more complete. No one here is taking a stab at Arrow, we have a right to express our dissatisfaction when we think it's due. Though when others jump down our throats about it we then feel the need to try and make our point.

I'd like to have my opinions and then wait to hear from the source about matters rather than have people jump on here and say that some of us are being ungrateful. At the end of the day if I'm going to put money down for something then I'd like to try and get the most out of it. My comments here have been suggestions not demands and I don't see an issue with that.
Steel76 likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 19th March 2012, 01:00 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wolfenstein Castle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Thanks for the feedback. It's good to finally hear that our ideas are being taken into consideration.

As for the repetitiveness of this thread, well it seems that some people here like to jump on their band wagon of defense when someone suggests that Arrow could try a little harder to make some of their editions more complete. No one here is taking a stab at Arrow, we have a right to express our dissatisfaction when we think it's due. Though when others jump down our throats about it we then feel the need to try and make our point.

I'd like to have my opinions and then wait to hear from the source about matters rather than have people jump on here and say that some of us are being ungrateful. At the end of the day if I'm going to put money down for something then I'd like to try and get the most out of it. My comments here have been suggestions not demands and I don't see an issue with that.


You just don't get it, do you?

Greetings!
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 19th March 2012, 01:19 PM
Zombie Dude's Avatar
Seasoned Cultist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post


You just don't get it, do you?

Greetings!
No, I don't get what you're getting at...
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.