Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

View Poll Results: Should Arrow do a Blu-ray SteelBook for Demons 1 and 2 double pack?
Yes 87 79.09%
No 23 20.91%
Voters: 110. This poll is closed

Like Tree134Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th March 2012, 08:09 AM
Cult Addict

May I suggest a solution?

I intend to buy the steely, as I'm not especially fussed about the comic or posters. Being OCD these things tend to stay in the packaging when I buy them anyway. But if the individual editions drop in price after release (or some nice chap bungs them on marketplace or into my local cash converters) then I may double dip for the extra art and comic just to be a completist. I personally dont see the reason so many people are getting this upset.
Old 20th March 2012, 08:18 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

People seem to be forgetting the fact the comic is in 2 parts, split over both films, so that's a straight forward guarantee they won't fit in a steelbook.
And another thing, if people carry on moaning about the way Arrow do things then they won't ask for our input and suggestions anymore so come to terms with the fact that if you buy the steelie, you don't get the comics, if you want them, buy the separate releases. All the griping is doing my head in now, let's move on
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 20th March 2012, 10:43 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
I still don't know what your getting at and please don't patronize me. I've already explained where I was coming from before and that they were simply suggestions which I and others wanted feedback on.
Alright, I'll explain it to you.

Almost all of your posts on this subject (Demons steelbook, comic,...) sounded claiming - and at one point, you even insinuated that Arrow skip the comic only because of a "couldn't-care-less attitude".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
well it seems that some people here like to jump on their band wagon of defense when someone suggests that Arrow could try a little harder to make some of their editions more complete.
That's all, actually.

And now:

Greetings!

Last edited by Prince_Vajda; 20th March 2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 20th March 2012, 11:03 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I can also confirm that it didn't fit.

I used my Touch of Evil 2 disc steelbook, and put inside 2 posters, 1 booklet and the comic book from Dawn of the Dead - no shut! The comic book is simply too TALL to fit inside the case.

TALL, not fat.

TALL.
PaulD and Prince_Vajda like this.
Old 20th March 2012, 11:18 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
I can also confirm that it didn't fit.

I used my Touch of Evil 2 disc steelbook, and put inside 2 posters, 1 booklet and the comic book from Dawn of the Dead - no shut! The comic book is simply too TALL to fit inside the case.

TALL, not fat.

TALL.

It's also a bit too broad.

Greetings!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg steelcom.JPG (55.4 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg steelcom2.JPG (52.9 KB, 84 views)
PaulD likes this.

Last edited by Prince_Vajda; 20th March 2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 20th March 2012, 01:04 PM
Active Cultist

i'm so exited to be getting both demons films on blu. i love the steelbook and if i had money to burn i'd buy both! but i'm more intrigued by the comic so i'm gonna have to go with the slipcase editions. i might just go nuts and get a t-shirt with it, will have to see.
heartbreaking as it may seem the buyers just have to make a choice, which do you want more? steel or comics? really cant choose? get both. it's allll good.
the mono issue slightly worries me though. any word on this?
Old 20th March 2012, 01:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

They talk about it in the other thread. As Arrow did the master themselves from the original negative, it has extra frames which can't be aligned with the pre-existing alternate soundtracks.
Old 20th March 2012, 01:13 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
May I suggest a solution?

I intend to buy the steely, as I'm not especially fussed about the comic or posters. Being OCD these things tend to stay in the packaging when I buy them anyway. But if the individual editions drop in price after release (or some nice chap bungs them on marketplace or into my local cash converters) then I may double dip for the extra art and comic just to be a completist. I personally dont see the reason so many people are getting this upset.
That's what I'm doing, getting the steelbook and then if I decide I really want the comic etc, waiting until the DVD or Blu releases drop to a price I'm willing to pay. Hopefully they do before the limited edition run out.
keirarts likes this.
Old 20th March 2012, 01:50 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post

It's also a bit to broad.

Greetings!
Haha, I love that you went to the trouble to actually take photos of it. Nice one!
Old 20th March 2012, 02:08 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post

It's also a bit to broad.

Greetings!
Thanks for the pics mate. I think springjack may have assumed that the blu steelbook would be dvd size. That could explain why it fit for him.

Like this? Share it using the links below!