Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should Arrow do a Blu-ray SteelBook for Demons 1 and 2 double pack?
Yes 87 79.09%
No 23 20.91%
Voters: 110. This poll is closed

Like Tree134Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2012, 10:10 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
Also noted that, if Arrow wants to turn this into a real limited collector´s item, why not put the all the extra stuff inside a slipcase just like the Battle Royalle. Then, put both the slipcase and the steelbok, inside a cardboard case just like Battle Royale (just thinner).
That would be pretty cool.
Old 12th March 2012, 10:35 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
I noted that on my post, that I didn´t know the actual thicknes of the comics, but there´s no excuse to keep the posters away from this steelbook release.

Also noted that, if Arrow wants to turn this into a real limited collector´s item, why not put the all the extra stuff inside a slipcase just like the Battle Royalle. Then, put both the slipcase and the steelbok, inside a cardboard case just like Battle Royale (just thinner).
Exactly. I couldn't agree more with all your posts mate. It ain't much of a limited edition if it doesn't contain everything. The problem is that our proof that it could work and our suggestions to get around it and still include everything seem to be getting ignored by Arrow. I'm beginning to think this may be more of a money issue to them rather than space constraint. After your proof that more stuff will indeed fit I'm going to need a better excuse than that.
Old 13th March 2012, 12:07 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Exactly. I couldn't agree more with all your posts mate. It ain't much of a limited edition if it doesn't contain everything. The problem is that our proof that it could work and our suggestions to get around it and still include everything seem to be getting ignored by Arrow. I'm beginning to think this may be more of a money issue to them rather than space constraint. After your proof that more stuff will indeed fit I'm going to need a better excuse than that.
Yes, let´s see what Arrow got to say.

As much as I love the Demons films (great childhood memories), I´m not starting a money spending frenzy over both titles.

Both editions have cool stuff, and I made my point to Arrow. At the end of the day it´s their word, regardless of the facts the fans of this movies put in this forum. They have something unique on their hands, and they could turn into something magical with some of ours ideas... but like I said, it´s their call.

Sure, some posters and a comic would be cool, but in the end it´s the movies that matter the most, so for me, steelbook it is. Besides some pounds cheaper, it´s the best looking package in my opinion.

Maybe Arrow doesn´t want to put everything in the steelbook, with fear that nobody buy´s the "normal" "limited editions", but that would be easily overlooked if they put everything in the steelbook and turn this into a more "limited" edition than the normal "limited" one.

Your call Arrow, make the fans proud for defending you!
Old 13th March 2012, 12:13 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Sure, some posters and a comic would be cool, but in the end it´s the movies that matter the most, so for me, steelbook it is. Besides some pounds cheaper, it´s the best looking package in my opinion.
That's a good point actually; I was in 2 minds over choosing the steelbook or the limited editions and the cheaper cost of the former wasn't something that occurred to me. Hmm...decisions, decisions...
Old 13th March 2012, 02:47 AM
Cult Rookie

I think the comic should come with the steel book, the comic comes with all editions, all the reversible covers and posters (which I really want) should stay with the l.e. blurry but the comic should come with absolutely
Old 13th March 2012, 05:16 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
I think the comic should come with the steel book, the comic comes with all editions, all the reversible covers and posters (which I really want) should stay with the l.e. blurry but the comic should come with absolutely
I want a reversible cover for my steelbook...
Daemonia and jamesy like this.
Old 13th March 2012, 02:00 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
Arrow thought you may like to see a bit more of the Steelbook packaging:

Hm, a bit disappointing for me. No Dolby Stereo 2.0 or 5.1 sound. It would have been fun to compare them against each other and find out what sounded best.

Last edited by LoBo; 14th March 2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 13th March 2012, 02:43 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
I want a reversible cover for my steelbook...
Lmfao I remember buying the roan ld's day they came out and the double DVD pack from us anchor bay which Everytime I look at this double feature steel book I flashback to. The one thing I sorta ache for that no one else seems to give a shot about is the American soundtrack with that little growl at the title scratch, love that.
Old 14th March 2012, 05:57 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Wait a minute!

Does it say MONO at the back of the cover???

The movie´s original soundtrack is and has always been in Dolby Stereo
Old 14th March 2012, 12:49 PM
Cultist

Yes, it does. If you zoom in like 150% you can clearly see Italian/English 2.0 LPCM Mono. In USA they got only a Mono track, but in Europe a Dolby Stereo track.

Last edited by LoBo; 14th March 2012 at 05:35 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!